PDA

View Full Version : Attention: Atlantic City Veterans!!!

tripdad
01-04-2005, 08:27 PM
i'll be playing in the WSOP circuit tourney(s) this month. where should i stay?

i need a decent, clean room. i'll be driving my own vehicle. i'm just not digging Harrah's $200+ per night rates.

cheers!

MisterKing
01-04-2005, 08:30 PM
three words: "Borgata Poker Rate." Do a search.

bdk3clash
01-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I'll guess you want to stay by the Boardwalk, otherwise I'd recommend trying to get the room rate at Borgata. Call the Taj and Trop poker rooms to see their rates; otherwise, the Super 8 right by the Taj is fine and probably pretty cheap during the week.

tripdad
01-04-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand you must book at least 4 hours of play to receive a room for $59/night. will this be possible while also playing at harrah's...also, how close are they?

cheers!

sonicblue
01-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Harrah's and Borgata are really close to each other. There's a "service road", like two dirt tire tracks through a field that is, between their parking lots. The Jitney (shuttle) is cheap and the cabs aren't bad either.
Sometimes the "poker rate" rooms fill up, so try, if you can, to get to the Borgata and get your hours in quickly.

Luv2DriveTT
01-04-2005, 10:46 PM
I assume you have a car? Stay in Abescon. There are many affordable hotels there.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

tripdad
01-04-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you have a car? Stay in Abescon. There are many affordable hotels there.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how far would i have to drive from a hotel in abescon to Harrah's?

cheers!

Leo99
01-04-2005, 11:38 PM
< 15 minutes easy. There are a ton of motels in A/C and the surrounding towns. Go to Hotwire.com or Travelaxe.com and check it out. You should be able to get something for about $50 a night. The limit for a cab within A/C is $8. I stayed at the Howard Johnson's last month and took a cab for $8 to the Borgata. It took about 10 minutes. The HoJo's was about $80 for a Saturday night that I found through Travelaxe.com. It's a program you download and it searches online for the best rates. The HoJo's was clean and acceptable but old. I mean really old like original from 1965.

MisterKing
01-05-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand you must book at least 4 hours of play to receive a room for $59/night. will this be possible while also playing at harrah's...also, how close are they?

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

During the week, its 4 or 5 hours to get the first reduction on your room (I think to $59), and 8 hours to get the full reduction down to $39. Assuming you get some time in the cash games at Borgata, this should be no problem while also playing the tournaments at Harrah's. The rooms you get for the poker rate at Borgata are absolutely magnificient.

RollaJ
01-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Absecon is the correct answer, as it may be hard to get in the hours at the Borgata and you dont want to get stuck with their rack rate.

Id suggest:
Comfort Inn north (a little grungy but clean enough)
Howard Johnson *express*
Quality Inn And Suites (in Galloway) New Clean very nice

Avoid the days Inn at ALL COSTS, Id sooner sleep in my car

PoorLawyer
01-05-2005, 01:25 PM
if you are going to be at harrahs i would recommend staying on the strip or at a hojo or days inn right off the central strip. it doesnt make any sense to stay at the borgata and have to worry about driving around town when you can stay somewhere that is a 5 minute walk away

PoorLawyer
01-05-2005, 01:26 PM
the trop just remodeled their rooms and it is about 40 bucks a night during the week without the poker rate

PoorLawyer
01-05-2005, 01:29 PM
also try the hojo...there are 2. the one on chelsea is all the way down by the trop and the other one on N. carolina maybe? is more central and a block off the boardwalk. a lot of times they have $40/night walk in rates

RollaJ
01-05-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you are going to be at harrahs i would recommend staying on the strip or at a hojo or days inn right off the central strip. it doesnt make any sense to stay at the borgata and have to worry about driving around town when you can stay somewhere that is a 5 minute walk away

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke??? Borgata is the second closest hotel to Harrahs

spadeclub99
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he has Harrahs confused with the Showboat.

RollaJ
01-05-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right, but.... what made you pick Showboat?

PoorLawyer
01-05-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt harrahs on the boardwalk near the taj?

PoorLawyer
01-05-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. sorry.

spadeclub99
01-05-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]
Because Showboat is a Harrah's property.

RollaJ
01-05-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]
Because Showboat is a Harrah's property.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still a heck of a guess.....NH /images/graemlins/tongue.gif