PDA

View Full Version : minimum hand to call a random allin

ilnp
01-04-2005, 08:15 PM
i play in a crazy,crazy homegame. the max buy is $60, and 60$ for your first reload, and $100 for each buy after that. the cash in play can get up to 8500, but depending on the players typically ranges from 2000 to 4500 (from rebuys, no new players). the early period of the game can last not so long or long, and will involve at least a few blind all-ins. now, obviously one can wait until TT, AQ, etc, but this is a homegame with an endpoint, and the game stays very aggressive all through the night with larger stacks (making it lucrative to have a larger stack). in a perfect world, i could plop 500-1000$ on the table at 10PM and start rocking, but it's not so. obviously calling regular allins, though loose, comes down to estimating what hands you'd be up against and deciding based on that, but as i said earlier, there are at least several and can be a dozen blind all-ins. they will happen often early and if any of those players drops to a starting stack, they will blind all-in again (we have a rule that you can rebuy, adding to your stack for the next hand, if your chips are in the middle, similar to the bug on pokerstars, so these players will blind allin once and rebuy and probably not do it again afterward once they have 200). therefore, i'm wondering what the minimum +EV hand is to call a blind allin from ANY TWO CARDS, 7 or 8 handed. what if there's two blind allins?

thanks

etizzle
01-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Q8o+

smartalecc5
01-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Q7o is the most middle hand possible.

Reef
01-05-2005, 09:54 AM
You're gonna have some HUGE swings if you go with Q80+, even though it is positive. Depending on your tolerance for these swings, you may want to adjust your selection. Maybe go with K9o+

Kaz The Original
01-05-2005, 01:09 PM
K9+ means no Q right? Not even QJs?
What about pocket pairs?

pzhon
01-05-2005, 06:14 PM
If you are last to act, you can check this page (http://gocee.com/poker/HE_Value.htm) to see how well hands stack up against random hands. If you are last to act, you don't need to win even 50% of the time, since there will be some dead money in the pot.

If you only want to call as the favorite, call with any pair, any ace, any king, Q5o, Q3s, J8o, J5s, T8o, T7s, and 98s.

However, you should also consider what is likely to happen if the player who pushed isn't called. That player is likely to push again, and you might be in a good position to call next hand. I think this means you should give up some of the more marginal hands.