PDA

View Full Version : Need help on tourney i'm in now Early stages big stack

PhiGamTN
01-04-2005, 08:08 PM
So i've hit some flops early and busted a few people in a $5 sng on pacific blins just hit 15/30 12 rotations until the blinds increase i'm sitting with 3520 wiht my next closest opponent at 1020 and all other stacks udner 1k we're 5 handed.

Shoudl i steal or stick ot my normal tihgt tight game. Normally during sng's i won't play much but AA-JJ and AKo or Aks before blinds hit 25-50 (of course redependant) but normally i want to go into later blind stages wiht a tight image for stealing. So what do i do here?

PhiGamTN
01-04-2005, 08:08 PM
sorry for shitty spelling/grammar got to pay attention to touney as well /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Marcotte
01-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Stick to your normal strategy. If you start to bully too early, they are more likely to see through it (and you are more likely to run into real hands). Start stealing when the BB gets to be about 1/10 to 1/15 of the smallest stack left to act (on that hand). Or when it gets to 4 players.

gusly
01-04-2005, 08:22 PM
I agree. It's too easy to lose a few chips here and there by getting involved with marginal hands, and before you know it, you're down to 2000 and you've lost your huge advantage.

PhiGamTN
01-04-2005, 08:42 PM
And i won after suffering a bad beat while in teh final 3 to get me down to 112 chips wiht the big blind being 150 hahahah

i one guy who was lag till we got to the moeny and then he became weak tight... damndest thing and then a TAG/allthough he gave me a lttle to much credit sometimes) who came in second

btw is it a crime to reccomend someone who gave you a good challenge to this forum if their's just the 2 of you left at the end of a tourney.. he's good already and i konw we could improve his play.

Of course it's one thign to feed the fish but...