PDA

View Full Version : Brunson, Reese, Lederer & Binion in NYC

burningyen
01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Anyone else going tothis (http://www.cardplayer.com/cpn/content/cpn121504_12.php)? I plan on stopping by to get my Super System signed.

other1
01-05-2005, 01:05 AM
It's vvveeerrryyyyy tempting. I don't know if I can swing it. Stupid job. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Swampy
01-05-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm close to Manhattan, but I'd rather be a policeman in Baghdad than go to an event like this. What's the point? You think these guys are going to give you any legitimate instruction? Or maybe some of their "luck" will rub off on you? You think their autographs are going to appreciate in value?

burningyen
01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Nah, just want to get my picture taken with Doyle.

boedeker
01-05-2005, 01:35 PM
any idea about what time?

GreywolfNYC
01-05-2005, 02:14 PM
I took a walk over there a little while ago. There's a line if you want Antonio E's autograph, and another for a "tutorial" with Doyle Brunson and Robert Williamson, which means you get to play a hand of hold'em with them.
Williamson seems very personable, Doyle lost a LOT of weight and looked very relaxed and happy. Mike Caro was hanging around by himself. No one seemed to recognize him so I went over and introduced myself. He's not at all like I thought he'd be. He's soft-spoken and seems a little shy, even slightly awkward. Very pleasant guy who I enjoyed chatting with.

Nagoo81
01-05-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Caro was hanging around by himself. No one seemed to recognize him so I went over and introduced myself. He's not at all like I thought he'd be. He's soft-spoken and seems a little shy, even slightly awkward. Very pleasant guy who I enjoyed chatting with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick up any tells?

beerbandit
01-05-2005, 05:42 PM
weak when strong maybe -- jk

cheers

burningyen
01-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I went and got Doyle, Robert Williamson and Howard Lederer's autographs. The batteries died in my camera just as I was about to get a shot of me and Doyle. Oh well. Doyle was putting on a brave face but looked exhausted to me. I think Todd Brunson and another familiar face (Mel Judah?) were sitting at the bar, but they took off while I was still in line for Doyle. Not a whole lot of excitement, but still cool to meet a living legend.