PDA

View Full Version : K9s, did I leak any money?

bozlax
01-04-2005, 06:34 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

meep_42
01-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Looks fine to me.
[edit - upon further reflection, the only 3-betting hands you're ahead of here are JJ and AQs, and i'm not sure either of those comes out firing on the turn. My guess is a weakly played AK here. I probably raise, but i'm not convinced it's the right play here, though I don't mind a 3-bet as much with a flush draw. I think the options are relatively equal, but I raise this 9/10 times.]

-d

Entity
01-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I probably wouldn't raise this in MP2. Got any reads on BB? I might call the turn, might raise the turn.

Rob

shadow29
01-04-2005, 06:55 PM
I would definetly fold this hand preflop.

sexypanda
01-04-2005, 07:09 PM
I don't really like how this was played on any street (except the flop).

I'd fold this pf, I think limping is second best. IMO raising's the worst unless MP1 is weak and you're trying to isolate him, but you still have half the field to act so I'm not sure this isolation move is (if that's what your doing) is well timed.

The flop's fine.

I don't like the turn raise, the bb 3-bet you and seemed to really like that king. AK is really the only hand I can put him on since he 3-bet pf. That being said, you now have 3 extra outs (11 total) going to the river. Oh, and he might have had KK or have slowplayed QQ so you may be facing a 3-bet with this, but since you weren't 3-bet on the turn I doubt he has either of these hands.

I think I'd check the river here. You missed your draws and I don't think you're going to steal this pot. The button cold-called your turn raise, and I'm pretty sure the bb has you out-kicked.

bozlax
01-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Interesting points, all. I agree that raising PF was loose, but I had to at least call the re-raise.

On the flop I was 2-1 to make my flush so was betting/raising.

I agree that BB seemed to like the K on the turn; if he had re-raised I would have put him on AK and folded. Since he only called my raise I put him on a diamond draw, which meant I had top pair.

If he had raised me on the river I would have, of course, called.

RESULTS IN WHITE:

<font color="white"> BB didn't flip A7 of diamonds </font>

Entity
01-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Too many 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in that deck for my tastes. I'd ask for a dealer change.

Rob

sexypanda
01-04-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that BB seemed to like the K on the turn; if he had re-raised I would have put him on AK and folded. Since he only called my raise I put him on a diamond draw, which meant I had top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, looks like I was way off. Just a note though, folding to a 3-bet on the turn would have been really wrong. Even if he flipped over AK, you had 11 outs to make a better hand by the river and you would just have to call 1 bet for a ~15 bb pot.

bozlax
01-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Oops. BB was holding AT diamonds.