PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Live NL AKo Hand

DoubleDown
01-04-2005, 04:54 PM
1/2 NL Live. 8 handed.

this is prob a pretty simple hand. just looking for any insight into my line as i am new to NL ring game.

Hero is BB with AKo (~$400+). Villain (~$250) has only been around a few orbits up to this point. picked up a 2 pots after pre- and post-flop aggression on both hands. my read on him was TAG. read on CO(~$400) is a not very tricky, not very solid LAG.

MP (Villain) makes it $12 to go. MP2 calls. CO calls. Button calls. BB (Hero) calls w/ AKo. EP calls.

5 players. $61. Flop: A62r
Hero checks. Villain bets $20. MP2 folds. CO raises to $50. Button folds. Whats your move??

What i ended up doing (comments are appreciated):
<font color="white"> Hero calls $50. Villain raises all-in ($200+). CO folds. Hero calls. Villain flips up AQs. </font>

greg nice
01-04-2005, 05:16 PM
are you willing to go to the felt here? thats the main question. the only thing to fear is a set.

this sucks because if you reraise ~ $150 and he flat calls.. then youre pot committed (good or bad: question above). if you call you still havnet a clue where you are.

i would have thrown out $50 on the flop to begin with.

BullChip
01-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Nice.

Although I might have re-raised PF. Maybe.

DoubleDown
01-04-2005, 05:40 PM
the reason i felt confident in going to the felt with this hand was due to the way it played out post-flop. had it not been against the orginal PF-raiser or the late LAG i would not have been as comfortable playing TPTK in this situation.

i didnt feel comfortable playing TPTK hard from early position considering that there were many callers to act after me. my thinking was that if original PFR bet, he prob had the ace and a smooth call from later opponents would allow me to think that a set may have been hit. i would not expect a set to re-raise on this non-connected, rainbow board. i read CO as an ace weaker than mine, once the bet came to me, and wanted to see how villain felt about his hand after a raise and a call. when villain went all-in i just prayed he didnt have AA (unlikely, as he prob would have played it a little slower) or 66 or 22.