PDA

View Full Version : Pokerchips.com Question

Diggslick
01-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm upgrading from a cheap set of suited 11.5 gram chips. I have about a $300 budget for about 400-500 chips.

Some question on the the pokerchips.com $.50 chips. Are the centers recessed at all? I would want to put custom vinyl lables on afterward but dont want to pay the .50 a chip extra that they charge for their desings. This would really the only way I could do customs with a "nice" set of chips. I assuming without a recessed center that the labels would catch during chip stacking/shuffling. Also, will they let you choose custom colors at that price, or are their fixed combos?

P.S. Also got samples at the Fan of Cards( nice graphic but seems pretty low quality chip) NJ Dead Man, NJ Desert Sands( look good, but not great to me) and blue chips bond. I was also considering the Mardi Gras, but don't like how the edge sports dont match up on ceramics on that they worsen with time.(especially with my druken friends /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Any info is greatly appreciated.

ericslagle
01-04-2005, 05:02 PM
I just ordered a set of 1,000 custom colors only from them. You will get to pick the colors, edge spots, and style of inlay (square, roman, horse head, or a mold). I looked at mine and I don't think you would be able to put any kind of label on them. Even if you could, it would make them look very ghetto.
If I was you, I would consider getting them from TR King. Their customer service seems better and if they get your chips to you in less than 20 weeks they will beat pokerchips.com's production times.