PDA

View Full Version : 99 overpair against flush/straight draw

profpeebody
01-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Game: 3/6 @ hollywood park

Reads:
MP1 - loose, weak
CO - loose, aggressive w/ top pair or better. I've played with her before and she does not seem to play draws aggressively.

Preflop:
I have 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif in BB
UTG call, UTG+1 fold, EP fold, MP1 call, MP2 fold, CO call, BUT call, SB fold,
<font color="red">I raise</font>, UTG call, MP1 call, CO call, BUT call

Flop: 10SB (9 SB after rake)
2/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I bet, UTG fold, MP1 call,
<font color="red">CO raise</font>, BUT fold, I call, MP1 call

Turn: 15SB (7.5BB)
3/images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, MP1 call, BUT call

River: 10.5BB
4/images/graemlins/club.gif
I check, MP1 bet, CO fold, I call

Thoughts:
I didn't think CO was raising a draw. She may have flopped two-pair or even a straight. Should I have 3bet?
I bet on the turn for information, trying to see if she raised with a straight or full-house. Her possible two pair might have been counterfeited or she might have been on a flush draw. I'm either far ahead or far behind.
Check the river? Why or why not?

Harv72b
01-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Okay, keeping in mind that I have very little experience in B&amp;M games, so I'm mostly going by online habits...

3-bet the flop. CO is probably on a lower overpair than yours (I'm assuming she'd PFR with TT+), or maybe top pair. It also doesn't sound like you're that comfortable with your read on her draw play, so it could simply be that she flopped the flush draw &amp; is trying to buy the button + free card.

I like betting out the turn. Again, you're probably ahead, but a free card could be disastrous so you can't check here. What do you do if CO raises again? Just curious.

You do realize when you're calling on the river that any A or 6 beats you, right? I don't think MP1 bets that river with a hand you beat, and I don't think you win the pot 9% of the time, either. Check/fold unless you know that MP1 would bet this river with K high.

profpeebody
01-04-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop. CO is probably on a lower overpair than yours (I'm assuming she'd PFR with TT+), or maybe top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Although I said she was aggressive, I didn't think she would have raised with anything less that two-pair. She probably would have just called with top pair.

[ QUOTE ]
I like betting out the turn. Again, you're probably ahead, but a free card could be disastrous so you can't check here. What do you do if CO raises again? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would have folded

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize when you're calling on the river that any A or 6 beats you, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
What if MP1 has a 4 and an open ended straight-draw. What about a 5?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you win the pot 9% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I win this 1 in 10 times against only MP1. I wouldn't overcall if CO calls and definitely not call if CO raises.