PDA

View Full Version : Caught between a big lag and a little lag

Aaron W.
01-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Big Lag is 38/32/5.7 and has been trying to 'teach' the table something ("Watch and learn" he says -- and subsequently needed to reload) and Little Lag is relatively new to the table so I don't have good stats yet - he's not crazy, but certainly a little loose and a little agressive.

I'm not so sure about the preflop 3-bet (but I think it's good), and I'm not quite sure about betting out on the flop (as Big Lag will bet anything when checked to).

After it's just me and little lag, I don't know if I should squeeze in a raise somewhere or stay passive.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO <font color="#A500AF">(Big Lag)</font> raises</font>, Button folds, SB <font color="#A500AF">(Little Lag)</font> calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO <font color="#A500AF">(Big Lag)</font> caps</font>, SB <font color="#A500AF">(Little Lag)</font> calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Little Lag checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, Big Lag calls, Little Lag calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Little Lag checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Big Lag folds, <font color="#CC3333">Little Lag raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Little Lag bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

droolie
01-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I like this whole hand by you.

Since you don't respect either pf raiser I like the 3 bet. You probably have the best hand.

The turn raise sure looks like he's betting a scare card as a bluff but you have to think he's more than 50% likely to be bluffing for a raise to be profitable from here on out.

bottomset
01-04-2005, 02:55 PM
nice hand

I don't think he is bluffing the required 50%+, prob around half that, easy call down UI

PuertoKid
01-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Agree this is good play. Very aggressive when you probably have the best hand. On the K, I would also call em em down if they are habitual bluffers when they sense doubt or weakness.