PDA

View Full Version : Vikings vs. Packers Playoff Game

adios
01-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Shouldn't the Packers get a bye since they already beat the Vikings twice? So what if it was by the same score each time and on the last play of the game each time /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

On a more serious note. It's funny with all the criticism of the Vikings backing in, I can't see how anyone would be surprised if the Vikings won the game. Also there seem to be many Tice detractors in Minnesota. If Tice wins I'll bet he stays on as coach.

Thythe
01-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Tice was already given a one year extension to stay on as coach.

stabn
01-04-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also there seem to be many Tice detractors in Minnesota. If Tice wins I'll bet he stays on as coach.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's mainly because tice sucks.

The NFL does some really weird matchup stuff. In baseball the wildcard always plays a team outside it's division. In football, what are we getting

Pack VS Vikings
Seahawks VS Rams

So weird. Sure, they get a rivalry game in pack vs vikings, but overall it's like we're just continuing the regular season. At least make the vikings beat the seahawks before facing the pack. Oh well. I really don't think any of these four teams should be favored. Both games will definitely come down to whoever screws up the least wins (or more accurately, doesn't lose).

jakethebake
01-04-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's mainly because tics sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Especially when you get lime disease or spotted fever from one. They're really cool to pop though, especially those big cow tics... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stabn
01-04-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Especially when you get lime disease or spotted fever from one. They're really cool to pop though, especially those big cow tics...

[/ QUOTE ]
The hilarious thing, is that i noticed right away, edited, accidentally clicked on delete instead of submit, went back and hit submit, but my edit changing tics to tice was lost. Then i went to the crapper, came back, and found it still [censored] up, and changed it again. I knew i was too late though.

Drac
01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
The Vikes D is so bad and their O is so good (at least when Moss wants to play hard) that it won't come down to turnovers, just terrible LB's that will let Green run wild. It's hard to be a fan of a team that regularly allows teams to convert on 3rd and 15+ yds. to go. Why is it that in Minnesota every one of my friends is a Packer fan? Makes it even more painful on Monday. At least my expectations are so low that it will be hard for them to disappoint me. My other "favorite" team (Indy)should advance this week and has a shot to do something after that. Another great O/bad D team to drive me nutty.

jakethebake
01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
http://www.vu.union.edu/~beckerlc/pics/tick_suck.jpg
o.k. you were right. Tics suck.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I feel obligated to post in this thread, but I'm going to refrain from posting anything meaningful about this particular game because I'm just incredibly incredibly pissed about the whole situation right now and I'm not sure what exactly would come out.

Okay, here's the little bit of something semi-meaningful I'll toss in. Any one of 4 teams could come out of the NFC and those 4 teams are all teams not in the StL-SEA game. As much as I hate to say it, the most likely team to make it from the wildcard weekend would have to be the Packers - they match up the best against Philly. Atlanta's run is eerily similar to their 1998 SB run, except that they're not as good as 1998, but they've got Vick. He could do to Philly what Vince Young just did to my alma mater - what a damned crock. My football has been going terribly the last couple weeks/month and this weekend is setting up for my absolute nightmare NFL scenario. It could be incredibly good though, too, so I guess I'll have to see.

stabn
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
sigh...

ddollevoet
01-04-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Both games will definitely come down to whoever screws up the least wins (or more accurately, doesn't lose).

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't you say that about almost every playoff game? The team that has the most turnovers and/or gives up big special teams plays typically loses the game. That is the way it is.

I may be biased, but I bet Green Bay wins big. It is going to be 20 degrees in Lambeau. The Vikings are cursed in the post-season (when they actually make the play-offs). They are pretty deflated after losing the 2 games.

I can't believe a bigger deal wasn't made about Moss leaving the field before the game ended on Sunday. That team has issues and will not advance beyond game one.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-04-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe a bigger deal wasn't made about Moss leaving the field before the game ended on Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]
First off, you definitely are quite biased. Every time football was on ESPN the last couple days, they were either making fun of the Vikings or saying something about Moss walking off. I don't know what more you could reasonably want/expect.

tek
01-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm trying to be a kinder, gentler tek in this new year. Therefore let me say that the Vikings are a great team with a great coach. Tice has playing experience and a few years of coaching experience under his belt. The team has super athletes who are very competitive. I'm sure they will

Uughh, I can't do this. Vikings suck will choke

Dam, I blew my new year's resolution and it hasn't been a full week yet...

benfranklin
01-04-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Therefore let me say that the Vikings are a great team with a great coach. Tice has playing experience and a few years of coaching experience under his belt. The team has super athletes who are very competitive. I'm sure they will

Uughh, I can't do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that Tice is a competent technical coach, but he can't handle players, especially players with egos bigger than their over-inflated salaries.

When those Vikings were arrested for stomping some guy outside a night club, Tice said he was going to talk to their parents. WTF? Can you imagine Vince Lombardi or Mike Ditka saying that?

In an interview earlier this year, Randy Moss said that he and the other players really like playing for Tice because he gives them love, something that other coaches never did. Double WTF?? Tice need to give a bunch of them a boot in the butt.

Patrick Reusse summed it up in the Star-Tribune. Talking about Moss after his touchdown was called back for the holding penalty,

[ QUOTE ]
Moss appeared to go into a full pout after that. He had one catch in the Viking's last three possessions for 2 yards.

...with those futile two seconds remaining, there went Moss walking to an exit...the "blame those guys, not me" strut that he traditionally features after a jumbo-sized Purple failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

tek
01-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I believe great coaches make great teams. Vince Lombardi, Bud Grant, Chuck Knoll Tom Landry, etc. Those guys demanded discipline and didn't take crap from primadonnas.

The Vikings have been consistent also-rans since Bud retired. I don't think that is a coicidence...

ChoicestHops
01-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Packers should win this.

However, they didnt absolutely kill the Vikings earlier this season.