PDA

View Full Version : When do you log extra table time?

Sasnak
01-04-2005, 01:43 PM
I try to play a few hours every night after my fiance goes to bed. (Poker is not on her favorite things for me to do list.) Usually I'll play from around 10MST to midnight and sometimes go to 1am. So I'm getting the 9pm crowd west coast and the midnight to 3am east coast crowd.

Thinking table time is a good thing long term, I'm also playing for an hour or more when I head home for lunch. Does anyone else keep table hours like this and is there much overall difference at mid-day on Party other than lower player numbers? My sample size at noon isn't much to speak of yet.

droolie
01-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Tables tend to be tighter in the day. Especially at 1/2 full ring. Somtimes they are much tighter. There are less tables to choose from and average pot size tends to be smaller. These are all bad things. (I haven't played higher limts so I don't know about them)

Your night time playing starts in "prime time". Many tables to choose from and plenty of fish to slay. Weekend nights are the best at those times as you'll get tables full drunks and casual players at 1/2 as well as at .50/1.

jrz1972
01-04-2005, 02:13 PM
The mid-day tables are definitely tighter. You'll notice the difference quickly.

At the .5/1 level, the mid-day games are still ludicrously beatable, of course. Just be sure you sit at tables with $8 avg. pots and up.

droolie
01-04-2005, 02:15 PM
You might even encounter a drunk droolie on weekend nights calling down every friggin hand he enters! w00t w00t!

Sasnak
01-04-2005, 02:51 PM
With the tighter tables at mid-day, would this be an optimal time for SSH/2+2 style of play by pushing the TP-P out of their 'comfort' levels?

And I thought we were supposed to be drunk on the weekends? It's 'PARTY' time!

bottomset
01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
yep early afternoons are rock gardens 1/2 ring, very tough to make much of anything, and pretty easy to spew if you aren't careful

frank_iii
01-04-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With the tighter tables at mid-day, would this be an optimal time for SSH/2+2 style of play by pushing the TP-P out of their 'comfort' levels?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you define optimal? Pots won? BB/100? Playing against TP-P will never be optimal if optimal means maximized BB/100. "SSH-style" will beat TP-P, LP-P, LA-A, etc. but you'll make more BB against loose players.

Either way, during the day, it's not all TP-P players...there are plenty of loose players, too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif