PDA

View Full Version : How do you play marginal raising hands after limpers?

trumpman84
01-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Say I have a hand like KJo and there are two limpers to me in the cutoff. This is a hand I would normally open-raise with...should I also be raising limpers? Should I just limp as well.

It's a tough spot b/c I have to raise more since there are limpers and if one decides to come along, I've got a big pot with a mediocre hand. Should I just fold?

betgo
01-04-2005, 12:49 PM
I would generally fold KJo. If it was level 1 or 2, I might call with position, figuring the other limpers had worse. Generally, KJo is an OK hand to raise with when passed to in late position or push with with shallow money late.

With AJ, KQ, 99, or better, I would generally raise what appeared to be loose limpers, but I would just limp against a single eraly position limper. Hands like AJ or KQ I would raise limpers with, but generally fold to a raise, particularly if they were unsuited.

jojobinks
01-04-2005, 01:06 PM
early in the tournament, lots of fish are afraid to raise big hands and limp instead. i like to play pretty tight early on, b/c people are playing all sorts of hands in all sorts of ways. KJo, a questionable open-raising hand, becomes a fold when someone limps in front of me, in my view.

i agree, i might limp on the button, but i'm not gonna get too attached to it. other possibilities are early position limps with kq, aj, or pp's. it's just not worth it...

SpeakEasy
01-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Fold.

zaxx19
01-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Limp or Muck.....im not really sure how much value you place in KJ it seems like a little too much IMHO. For example in EP Im almost always calling with KQ...which dominates your KJ.

betgo
01-04-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Limp or Muck.....im not really sure how much value you place in KJ it seems like a little too much IMHO. For example in EP Im almost always calling with KQ...which dominates your KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are a bunch of limpers with deep money in early in the tournament, I might limp in late position with KJo as I might with 64s. I am just looking for the hand to get hit real hard with a straight or something or maybe steal a pot from late position. I might also win a small pot with a pair.

JohnG
01-05-2005, 06:32 PM
I'd normally limp or fold depending on ratios. I would prefer folding to raising. If chips were deep, I'd rather raise with 78s than KJo in this spot.