PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...?

jakethebake
01-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Does it occur to anyone else that all these which-book-should-I-get people that can only afford one book right now really shouldn't be playing poker?

MarkL444
01-04-2005, 11:19 AM
i voted youre a tool, but i hate em too.

burningyen
01-04-2005, 01:06 PM
The first money I invested in poker I spent on Super/System and Hold'em Excellence. Then I cut my teeth playing fake money games online for a few months. Then I put $50 into an online account, busted out, put in another $100, and haven't looked back. Theoretically it's even possible to build up a bankroll without investing any actual money by playing freerolls and points games. So I don't think there's anything wrong with people spending all their poker money on a book now, assuming they can build up a bankroll later.

colgin
01-04-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does it occur to anyone else that all these which-book-should-I-get people that can only afford one book right now really shouldn't be playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is wrong with starting with one book at a time? Or is the "can't afford" part? In that case, what is wrong with funding an account for about $50 and playing microlimits.

jakethebake
01-04-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is wrong with starting with one book at a time? Or is the "can't afford" part? In that case, what is wrong with funding an account for about $50 and playing microlimits.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was the can't afford part. Should someone that can't afford a $20 book be playing poker? But since you point it out, I guess even if he loses, playing $.01/$.02 is cheaper entertainment than a movie though. And he should be able to beat those games after SSH.

__Q__
01-04-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was the can't afford part. Should someone that can't afford a $20 book be playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, even bill gates should be able to get a heads up so that he knows not to waste a cent on Clouteir's No Limit and Pot limit book.

Luv2DriveTT
01-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Please add - "I agree, but your still a tool".

Thank you /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

patoot
01-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Of course they should be playing. I just hope I'm at the same table after they've skimmed through it once believing they've learned all they need to know.

ihardlyknowher
01-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I agree! Especially if the book is "Play Poker Like the Pros".

Eclypse
01-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I first started reading poker books when I was 12. Most of the time I had to check them out from the library because I couldn't afford even one!

If it bugs you that someone is asking for this kind of advice, simply ignore them and go back to reading your copy of The Theory of Games and Economic Behaviour.

p.s. You are a tool.

Dangergirl
01-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Jake,
you're a tool /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
01-05-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake,
you're a tool /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Always nice when a girl notices my tool. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

banditdad
01-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I want to know how you got the picture of my girlfriend?

MicroBob
01-05-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm more annoyed by the "I've read poker books A, B and C 96 times each....which 7 books should I read next and in what order?? I want to make sure I don't read all of the books out there in the wrong order."

"Should I read Hold 'em excellence and Play Poker Like the Pros at the same time while standing on my head to give me the background to later compreheand SSHE and then TOP and then WLLHE and then HOH and then Super System 2 followed by Super System 1 and then go back and reinofrce the ideas in WLLHE before re-reading SSHE which I will now be ready to unerstand on a super-high level because I haven't ruined my mind by reading ITH yet which I've heard will really confuse your ability to comprehend MLH?"

Finally "Can I use the concepts from SSHE in my home-game tourneys with a rising blind every 4.3 hands?"
"And can I then use Harrington on Hold'em concepts to crush the party 15/30 games?"
"Does HEFAP work in 7-card stud hi-lo?"

If I fly to miami can you introduce me to that girl?

istewart
01-05-2005, 11:06 PM
I feel like I've been sitting here for 10 hours looking at jake's icon.

banditdad
01-05-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I've been sitting here for 10 hours looking at jake's icon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's my girlfriend. Quit staring.

Harv72b
01-06-2005, 01:20 AM
Flawed. Need an option for "What, sorry, was staring at Jake's avatar."