PDA

View Full Version : O.J. going to the Orange Bowl

Zoltri
01-04-2005, 10:14 AM
By JOHN NADEL
AP Sports Writer

January 4, 2005, 7:35 AM EST

MIAMI -- To O.J. Simpson, the lure of seeing his alma mater play so close to home in this Orange Bowl was impossible to turn down.

"I'll be in the stands cheering as loud as anybody for USC," Simpson told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Monday.

"I can't wait. I always follow SC -- always have, always will," he said.

Simpson said he hasn't seen the Trojans play in person for about 10 years, though he has watched most of their games on television during that time.

But he lives only 30 miles or so southwest of Pro Player Stadium, so he's set to be there Tuesday night when No. 1 Southern California takes on No. 2 Oklahoma for the national title.

His attorney, Yale Galanter, monitored the telephone call and wouldn't allow Simpson to say where he'll be sitting inside the stadium.

SinCityGuy
01-04-2005, 11:50 AM
"He's the one player who's probably going to have the greatest impact on the game," Simpson said. "You can be in the perfect defense and it doesn't matter, he'll make an adjustment, he'll make a move and he'll score. He's the type of athlete that you can't defend. He scares me to death."

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls04/news/story?id=1958447)

O. J. is without peer when it comes to carving through the opposition without getting convicted, er, I mean....caught.

Sluke
01-04-2005, 12:27 PM
OJ: "I hope USC slaughters Oklahoma, and her new boyfriend!"

Jman28
01-04-2005, 12:34 PM
(insert joke having to do with murdering people)

-Jman28

SinCityGuy
01-04-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(insert joke having to do with murdering people)

-Jman28

[/ QUOTE ]

The Juice will tell the Trojans to "go for the jugular" in the pregame pep talk.

Zoltri
01-04-2005, 12:39 PM
USC doesnt have the killer instinct since OJ left.

Dynasty
01-04-2005, 07:38 PM
I think O.J. would get fairer (and maybe better) treatment from people if he had been found guilty.