dr. klopek
01-04-2005, 09:27 AM
How do we go about applying for one?

MarkL444
01-04-2005, 09:32 AM
should we?

dr. klopek
01-04-2005, 09:43 AM
I think there are enough sports-related threads to make one cromulent. And some of them are so ambiguously titled that I sometimes get duped into reading about trades and coaches and crap like that. I like sports as much as the next guy, but certainly not that aspect. So...less, I guess. This would be a good way to begin clearing up the clutter that is OOT. I think of all the sub-topics of OOT sports is the biggest.

fnord_too
01-04-2005, 09:53 AM
So should we also ask for an entertainment forum? (Or a pr0n forum for that matter?)

CCx
01-04-2005, 10:00 AM
I'd like to take this time to personally recognize you for using the word 'cromulent'....and the obligatory Simpsons reference:

Edna K: Embiggens? I never heard that word before I moved to Springfield.

Ms.Hoover: I don't know why. It's a perfectly cromulent word.

elwoodblues
01-04-2005, 10:06 AM
As dumb an idea as the Politics forum.

How about the Who's Hotter forum?
Music Forum?
Movie Forum?

MarkL444
01-04-2005, 10:22 AM
OOT needs to be cluttered. this is a gambling forum. if you keep adding stuff like politics and sports it can mess up its flow.

dr. klopek
01-04-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As dumb an idea as the Politics forum.

How about the Who's Hotter forum?
Music Forum?
Movie Forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, my apologies. Dude, if you're gonna attack the validity of a forum, I'd have gone straight for "home poker." There's already a "sports betting" forum, it's clearly a topic of interest for many here. Moreso than custom poker chips at least. You're right; music, movies, and sports, those are all pretty specific, an "entertainment" forum was mentioned. I don't really think they'd go for it even if we asked, I'm just compulsive.

AngryCola
01-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Nope.
I'd say sports is already covered by a few forums.

If nobody was willing to go with my idea of seperating the books/software forum into two seperate forums, I don't see how your idea could ever happen.