PDA

View Full Version : The bad beat circumstance.

Pepsquad
01-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Anybody else have "degrees" of bad beat tilt based on the circumstances? When I get a bad beat in limit, I could care less - it's part of the game. Bad beat in NL? It's worse, but still I can re-focus and tell myself "these things happen". But there is a beat I took 3 days ago in an MTT that I cannot stop thinking about. Down to 44 players left in a 900 person tourney. I'm avg. stack when my AA gets cracked by AQ runner-runner-runner-runner clubs for his nut flush. For the last 72 hours I cannot stop thinking about where I go from there in that tourney if the big stack would have doubled me up. Flame away if you must but the reason this type of beat is so insidious is because there is no "long-run" for this type of beat ya know? When my AA is carcked by KK in limit, it's easy to say "Okay. That was his one out of 5. The next 4 are mine." But MTT beats won't replay themselves 10,000, 5,000 or even 500 times. Anybody else have a particularly tough time dealing with MTT bad beats and thinking about what might have been? Sorry, just bitching.