PDA

View Full Version : unbelievable maniac on Empire 15-30

huge
01-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Earlier today I ran into the worst player I have ever seen playing 15-30 on Empire. He routinely 3- and 4-bet preflop with any two cards, often raising and reraising all the way to the river with no pair. It seemed like he was chip-dumping, but it certainly wasn't clear that he was directing money to any one opponent. He burned through something like $2,000 in a couple of hours. Other players were doing a bad job of trying to feed off him - seems like they forgot that they had to actually have the best hand, not just a hand better than the maniac's.

I wondered if he might have got his hands on a stolen credit card, or someone else's poker login and password. What does Empire/Party/etc do about situations where it looks like someone was just dumping off chips? Is there any danger of repercussions for the players who carved him up? Isn't there a story of someone who had their account frozen (on another site) because they won a bunch of money from a player who was allegedly using a stolen credit card to deposit?

private joker
01-04-2005, 07:17 AM
Did you consider the possibility that he was rich, drunk, bored, and bad at poker?

Aaron Harsh
01-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Hope you put him on your buddy list....or better yet...mine /images/graemlins/cool.gif

IndieMatty
01-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Was he "angry" ?

I had a maniac last night at the 15/30 and managed to be the only one to lose to him.. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

AviD
01-04-2005, 11:10 AM
teh worst

IndieMatty
01-04-2005, 11:42 AM
It made me make some donkariffic plays too. I'm a casual player, I'm finding it hard to two table the 15/30 and keep a level head.

MicroBob
01-04-2005, 11:52 AM
It's possible.
I think I read of a disgruntled wife or GF or something who got into her man's account and just cleaned it all out one capped round at a time.

But it's also possible he was just stupid and crazy.
Or even drunk and suicidal...I don't know.

I dealt BJ at a mostly low-roller's joint for a few months and even there we have had players who wanted to double on their hard-13 with a $500 bet up because they 'liked to gamble'.

I've played in 4/8 live games (not exactly the same I know) where a few guys capped EVERY round of EVERY hand.
They were going through $500+ swings every few hands.

Finally, I played on party a few days ago. One of the players had just won the BBJ for over $100k.
Everybody was coming to the table to congratulate him (his name was in the front lobby). I didn't even know about it when I sat down on the table but I just happened to be sitting a couple seats to his left.
Me and the guy in-between us both made around $2k apiece.
He started around V-75, R-18...but after he lost a couple of big hands he steadily rose to V-90, R-30 with the most ridiculous hands.

Even though he had won $100k+ a day or two earlier he was still steaming pretty badly about the $4k he dropped to me and the other guy.

AviD
01-04-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It made me make some donkariffic plays too. I'm a casual player, I'm finding it hard to two table the 15/30 and keep a level head.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a swingy game, and some of plays blow my mind. I know what you mean though, just try not to get into a "dominating role" trying to isolate him with every mediocre or better hand you have. (i.e. 3-betting any Ace)

I see people do this all the time, and while some may advocate it, I think you wind up digging a bigger hole than you can climb out of even if your shoveling a few grains at a time.

Keeping a level head is important, and I agree can be challenging at times! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

IndieMatty
01-04-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(i.e. 3-betting any Ace)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish this was the case, AA to T2s, T flop loss when the 2 hit the river, capped on every street.

Heh, thanks for the advice. FWIW, I think I have seen you at the tables lately and all your plays have looked pretty damn solid.

MicroBob
01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
My BBJ maniac beat my AA with his J4o when he caught his J on the river.

There's a rule about maniacs somehow always beating AA or something like that.

AviD
01-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks man, if it was indeed me (AviD_iR) on Party. Kind of hard to mistake me, I haven't seen any other AviD on Party ever.

What's your nick on there?

Heh I've had some beauties on the Party 15/30, but this was is my recent favorite! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=24861

Obviously I had a bit of a read on the player to make play the hand this agg, but his play was...in a word "shocking" (but perhaps so was mine?!?).

See ya on the tables! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

AviD
01-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Interestingly AA has been running above average for me on BBJs, but KK is a beast...I think right now it's win % is lower than TT (over 25Kish hands) and I've had it alot.

Last night 47s > KK

Turning Stone Pro
01-04-2005, 12:34 PM
I will make this maniac look like the Rock of Gibralter! I'm coming to GAMBLE!

TSP

Nightwish
01-04-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a swingy game, and some of plays blow my mind. I know what you mean though, just try not to get into a "dominating role" trying to isolate him with every mediocre or better hand you have. (i.e. 3-betting any Ace)

[/ QUOTE ]
If a maniac open-raises on your immediate right and you don't 3-bet with any A, you're leaving a lot of money on the table for others to pick up.