PDA

View Full Version : Where to play low limit sng's

PhiGamTN
01-04-2005, 05:39 AM
Howdy i have a roll of 100 dollars and i'm looking to play 5 or less sng's to build up a roll to play 10 dollar ones and so on. I'm wondering where to start. or is 100 dollars ie 9 buyins enough to start out at 10 dollars? I know for limit they suggest a 300BB roll. how do people translate this to sng's also i saw the post about bonus whoring in the other forum but don't particularly want to take my 100 dollars over to a site and just play 1/2 or .5/1 becuase 1. i'm not particualarly great at limit ring. and 2. I don't want really want the possability of going broke (yea i'm assuming i can win at 5 dollar sng's /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

thanks for the help

partygirluk
01-04-2005, 05:40 AM
PS has the best rake for < $10 SNGs

mart_ph
01-04-2005, 06:03 AM
I've played at Stars, UB, Party and Paradise.

I now play solely at Stars and Paradise. Stars is very good to build up greater skill at sng's as the competition is much tighter there. But without a doubt Paradise is the best for me. Lots of fish, and lots of players that can't handle getting bullied on the bubble or when heads-up. Their structure is good too. 1000 to start and the blinds go up every 10hands. Average game is an hour.

revots33
01-04-2005, 11:38 AM
I started out playing Party $5 sng's, but now I exclusively play Stars. They charge half the fee, and I like that tables have 9 players instead of 10. The biggest advantage though is their SNG structure. The higher starting chips (1500 vs 800 on Party) and the slower increases in blinds give good players a better chance to win. Party is too much of a crapshoot. I know Stars has tighter players but I think the lower rake (at least at the $5 level) and fairer blind structure more than compensates for this.

KenProspero
01-04-2005, 12:07 PM
How low do you want to go?

PokerPages $5 + .50.

Do you want to go lower?

They also have $1.00 + .1, and $0.50 + .05.

It's a nice site for playing a lot of hands cheap while you're learning