PDA

View Full Version : Wack Off with My Jack Off

x2ski
01-04-2005, 04:34 AM
After getting slammed by many of you for "spewing chips" in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=1401948 &Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&M ain=1401948&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=11847&d aterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldert ype=&bodyprev=#Post1401948) , I chose to slow down (perhaps not soon enough), fearing a reasonably larger boat.

All comments appreciated:

MP2 is relatively loose, but extremely passive
Button is very loose and somewhat passive
SB is crazy loose-aggro (but not quite a maniac)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 27.50 BB

bisonbison
01-04-2005, 04:40 AM
3-bet the flop. bet the turn.

x2ski
01-04-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that is a standard line, and I agree that it is a good one to take; however, isn't it sometimes a good idea to milk more cash on the turn with a hand that will win quite often, especially if the flop raiser is on the passive side who is much more likely to bet the turn with his trips? I was pretty sure he didn't semi-bluff raise the flop with a flush draw.

I dunno. Oh well.

x2ski
01-04-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, if you 3-bet the flop and it's capped, do you slow down on the turn, or do you come out betting, implying that you were more than willing to cap the flop?

If you bet the turn and are raised, I assume it's time to call down... What if it's 3-bet to you?

tolbiny
01-04-2005, 06:55 AM
"I know that is a standard line, and I agree that it is a good one to take; however, isn't it sometimes a good idea to milk more cash on the turn with a hand that will win quite often, especially if the flop raiser is on the passive side who is much more likely to bet the turn with his trips?"

There are two other players in the hand who you are trying to pull bets out off. If you three bet the flop- a flush draw might cap it for the hell of it, and a gutshot straight draw who is likely to fold the turn unimproved puts in an extra bet.
If he is a passive player, how can you discount the idea that he may have a weak ace and check the turn through after getting three callers on the flop? Three betting and leading the turn is the best play here.

Luv2DriveTT
01-04-2005, 09:42 AM
You MUST 3-bet the flop. M2 &amp; Button both think they have a piece of this flop, its safe to guess one of either of them have an Ace, a Jack, a high pocket pair, or a flush draw. 3-bet for value, your opponents are not going anywhere, in fact I would guess one of them might cap the flop, making things easy for you.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

sfer
01-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Christ. Raise the damn river.

Fat Nicky
01-04-2005, 10:46 AM
3-bet the turn. Slowplaying monsters is terrible when players are willing to put bets into the pot.

Turn cap is fine.

I like 1 more raise on the river. Most players play any A like your opponents played this hand. If they have a boat, fine, but they don't have you beat enough times that raising in +EV.

StellarWind
01-04-2005, 11:05 AM
3-bet the flop. Button is too apt to take a free card either because he has a flush draw or because he loses his nerve with a weak ace. As the hand developed it is pretty clear that this was actually going to happen until MP2 bet.

This may also be a situation where part of your market only exists on the flop. MP2 especially may be planning to fold the turn unimproved.

[ QUOTE ]
SB is crazy loose-aggro (but not quite a maniac)

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like SB probably has AQ or KT with a slight chance of QQ. Based on your description AQ might have reraised preflop. KT outnumbers AQ 16-6. AQ might have taken action on the flop. Plus he may simply be badly overplaying some other hand. Overall I'm nervous but usually I'm good.

I like overcalls but these guys seem to want a showdown enough to pay whatever it costs. Raise the river.

Gatts
01-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Agreed, SB really looks like KT.

kendal14
01-04-2005, 03:02 PM
My suggestions:

1. 3 bet the flop.
2. Cap turn is fine, but why check? Bet out.
3. Absolutely raise the river. Even if MP2 folds, SB will definitely call, which is the same as keeping MP2 in the hand for one BB. But there is a possibility that he will cold call 2 and you cannot be afraid here to be re raised. Two hands beat you... and if you start seeing the nuts in your oppents hands all the time, you are going to leave money out on the table.

Just my $.02

BottlesOf
01-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Fearing AQ/AJ? It's too early--the only guy who's really got his guns out is the LAG. Raise that [censored].