PDA

View Full Version : here's some hands i've been playing: good/no good?

bholdr
01-04-2005, 04:21 AM
below is a list of the PLO and PLO/8 hands that i played today in an one hour session. My hand selection has drifted slightly away from the ultra-tight style that i started with, and i am wondering if the hands that i play now are too loose or still too tight...
(the actions in parentheses are mine for that hand, preflop only)
PLO .25/.50 prima 6 max

6d7d8hAh(pot raise from LP)
KsKx3s4x(small blind- completed)
KdKx5d5x (limp from EP)
AsAhJh9s (pot raise from MP)
8s9sTxJx (limp)
QhQsTx8x (limp from LP)
4h5h6d8d (called a min raise from BB with all 6 in)

saw about 60 hands played these 7 plus three garbage hands out of the BB.

PLO/8 prima .10/.20

AhKxJhJx (limp in LP)
AsTh8h2h (limp from EP)
Ah9x4h3x (pot raise from the button[on a steal])
QhQs7h6s (called a 1/2 pot raise from BB)
5h3h2d2s (complete from SB)
also got to play some garbage out of the BB here.
this table was a little slower, i think i was dealt 40 hands. I'll post some more hands on this thread after my next session. overall it was a slight loser for the session: (i flopped an underfull with the KK55 and couldn't get away, i'm workng on that too.), but i genrally win (or at least beat the rake) at PLO.

How's the hand selection looking? any comments are appreciated... oh and one thought, in PLO vs limit, is it better to complete from the SB if you think you can get in for just the half-bet? i'd think that the implied odds would justify looser calls than in limit when in the SB, which i play pretty darn tight because most of my omaha experience is in limit /8.

meHIGHyouLOW
01-04-2005, 05:31 AM
I comment only about PLO/8 coz thats the game I understand better.. Only hand im really wondering is the QQ76ds this is basicly same as QQ, coz you cant get nuts with 76 without low on board, and then you must fear of getting 1/4 of pot, and i doubt you are getting value with Q-high flushes.. and you played this out ouf position against raised. All that said i would fold.

Other hand which im thinking of is that AT82.. its hard hand to fold because everybody keeps talkinga about how you must play A2, but i would fold this from EP.
-You dont have any low backup(i dont know the correct term)
-Your high hand sux.

Maybe someone better then me can comment more.

Good luck
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dac
01-04-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, being agressive might get a limper or two out and give you a chance at a steal.

[ QUOTE ]

KdKx5d5x (limp from EP)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd proberbly raise the KK55 hand here, gotta make a big pot if you hit, and again, if the table is tight you can steal post flop.

[ QUOTE ]

8s9sTxJx (limp)

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise 89TJ preflop, it is a power hand! Even better is to cold call a raise preflop if you have the guy pegged as a AAxx raiser.

[ QUOTE ]

QhQsTx8x (limp from LP)

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the QQT8 hand. The 4568 is at best a fair hand, your "gap" is in the top of the series which isn't optimal since you will end up with a nut straight with no redraw more often compared to a 4678 hand.

Take this advice with a lot of salt, I'm a beginner my self /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Cleveland Guy
01-04-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PLO .25/.50 prima 6 max

KdKx5d5x (limp from EP)
8s9sTxJx (limp)
QhQsTx8x (limp from LP)

saw about 60 hands played these 7 plus three garbage hands out of the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be just because it was a small sample size, but of your 60 hands, you had 2 raises, both were on AA hands from MP to LP. I think this could be a bit of a leak. If the pot is unraised, and or there are few people in it I would look at raising that KK55 hand, and one of the QQT8 or JT98(depending on action before you).

You don't want someone to put you on only raising with aces, cause they will either take you for a lot when the hit the board, or get out quickly when they don't.

Like I said, your hand size of 60 hands, and 7 played is small, but you had just 2 raises, and both times with AAxxs