PDA

View Full Version : AQo hand

Hack
01-04-2005, 04:15 AM
I guess is this why you play aggressively. I would have folded to a 3bet. Would this be correct?

I just raised him to get a feeler for where he was. I've seen some people bluff and try to represent trips with a pair on board and I know he didn't fold trips. So it was obvious he was trying to bluff me off the pot.

Looks to me like MP2 has been watching too much World Poker Tour.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

Shillx
01-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Players will either bluff or bet the goods in this spot, but the same player will almost never do both. You have to determine what this bet means by making a read on the player.

This is not how people play turned trips HU IMO unless they are real weak (usually tight). Tight players aren't limping in with any hand that contains a 5 in that spot.

I can understand why you would want to raise the turn (if he is semi-bluffing for instance), but I would just call the turn and then figure out what to do on the river. The pot is big (so that makes raising more attractive now) but the board is such that the villian is probably drawing dead or has 2 outs (if you have the best hand). I would call here and let him bluff again on the river (or let him bet the best hand).

Brad

Hack
01-04-2005, 04:33 AM
The only two hands I could think of that would limp in that position with a 5 are A-5 suited(or offsuit :| ) and 55. 55 is not folding here obviously, and neither is A-5 with their boat.

I didn't have any notes on the player or any data so I did not give them credit for a 5.

But say it's a passive player with low postflop aggression. If they bet should I fold my top pair, or should I call it down? If they bet and have the goods then I am just wasting money by calling down considering I only have two outs(the remaining aces). If they are bluffing then a raise here will let me know where I am. Very, very few people are going to just call a turn raise with trips, especially considering I raised preflop which greatly reduces the possibility of me having a 5 in my hand.

Situations like this confuse me sometimes.

So what would you have done here without a read? Call the raise and call the river? If it's a bluff is he really likely to fire again on the river. If he checks the river I bet it and probably call a check-raise(don't know if that's wrong, maybe I should fold to a river CR), and if he bets the river I probably call it then.

bottomset
01-04-2005, 04:37 AM
if they have low postflop aggression they usually aren't betting out hands that don't beat top-pair

Hack
01-04-2005, 04:38 AM
Exactly. So if it's an LPP I can probably fold the turn right?

But I didn't have a read on this guy I'm saying, so that's why I like raising the turn to see where I am. I'll fold to a 3bet because very few players at this limit are capable of 3betting a bluff.

Was what I did wrong?