PDA

View Full Version : KK hand

Hack
01-04-2005, 04:11 AM
The table had gotten short handed but that does not mean there are a lack of fish, as you can see.

Both opponents called my flop and turn bets so was it good to take the free showdown, or should I have bet the river?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls $0.07 (All-In), BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.80 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5.40 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (8.40 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.40 BB

Shillx
01-04-2005, 04:14 AM
I don't get it. Either the turn bet or river check is bad, but which is it? I think it is the river check...

Brad

Hack
01-04-2005, 04:17 AM
Could they both be bad? I'm not understanding you Brad, lol. What should I have done?

I knew I probably wasn't folding them out on the river and I figured at least one would call me down with a weak Ace.

bottomset
01-04-2005, 04:17 AM
I'd bet the river

Knoler
01-04-2005, 04:19 AM
6 handed you've gotta bet the river.

If there were few or no hands I could think of that would call you and lose to you, then I'd like the check. But 6-handed, folks with queens will call you down here.

-Brian

Hack
01-04-2005, 04:22 AM
The table had just recently gotten shorthanded from being at 10 people, but are you saying that I should bet because the probability of someone having an ace is far less 6 handed than 10 handed?

I like your avatar, by the way. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Knoler
01-04-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The table had just recently gotten shorthanded from being at 10 people, but are you saying that I should bet because the probability of someone having an ace is far less 6 handed than 10 handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a roundabout way, yeah, I guess I am. Hand strengths go up when playing 6-handed, and often times middle pair will hold up. True, someone might have an ace, and you're hosed if they do, but they might just have queens and be willing to pay.

Might even want to run the hand by the short handed 6-max folks.

[ QUOTE ]
I like your avatar, by the way. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!
-Brian