PDA

View Full Version : 99 A and pair on board

pointcount
01-04-2005, 03:20 AM
Anyone continue here on the turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds.

River: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Wepeel
01-04-2005, 04:45 AM
There is really no point in raising this from the sb as you are out of position and in most cases the bb will call and UTG+1 is almost guaranteed to call. I would check the flop and fold to a bet, possibly raise if you think they are trying to represent the ace, especially if UTG+1 bets.

Shillx
01-04-2005, 04:46 AM
This is fine. After a bettor and a caller, dropping it on the turn seems reasonable.

Brad

outofstep
01-04-2005, 04:50 AM
I always raise 99 in an unraised pot even in SB. You most likely have the best hand pre-flop. Flop bet was fine. I would bet the turn also and fold to a raise, though since the pot is small and you either way behind or marginally ahead the check is ok.

pointcount
01-04-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is really no point in raising this from the sb as you are out of position and in most cases the bb will call and UTG+1 is almost guaranteed to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have to raise here for the following reasons:

1. There is no way you know BB will 'in most cases call'.
2. When you do bump BB out it becomes HU increasing my chances to win the pot

Unless you can tell me how many fingers I'm holding behind my back right now I think saying 'BB will always call' is wrong, and not raising this (even out of position) is also wrong. My chances to get the pot HU with my made hand are quite high and I think I win this enough of the time to make my raise +EV.

Hack
01-04-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is really no point in raising this from the sb as you are out of position and in most cases the bb will call and UTG+1 is almost guaranteed to call. I would check the flop and fold to a bet, possibly raise if you think they are trying to represent the ace, especially if UTG+1 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like too much psychology and not enough math.

Raise to get it 2 handed. 99 plays great against a random hand, especially if one of the opponents cards is lower than a 9.

davelin
01-04-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is fine. After a bettor and a caller, dropping it on the turn seems reasonable.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad, you don't like betting out the turn?

Hack
01-04-2005, 11:49 AM
I bet it and fold to a raise unless I know the player likes to bluff.