PDA

View Full Version : 2-4 NL KQo at 6max table

Tony.T
01-04-2005, 01:51 AM
My first post here after some weeks of reading. I normally play 9/10handed fixed but want to improve my NL game to, so here goes

This is a hand I played earlier tonight and it brought
up a discussion afterwards with my friends who play NL
mostly

6max 2-4 NL

The game is pretty much normal, no spec reads on the players
in question. I´ve played pretty loose preflop so far when this hand comes up

UTG miniraises to 8, I call sitting to his left with the

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Folded to BB who calls, 3 players

A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks and UTG bets 24 in a 26 dollar pot

I ended up folding with my friends standing beside me screaming, "CALL CALL, you have to CALL"

BB have 130 and UTG 150 infront of them, I cover them both

They feelt that if I call the bet and make my hand I have
a chance to bust UTG, but do they really have big enough stacks to consider that?

I think it´s more a re-raise/fold situation. Leaning to folding since 8 of my flush outs are´nt to the nuts. If I make a big re-raise I have the chance of winning a pretty decent pot without a fight and if called almost an even money situation if UTG has an A. If UTG was protecting an A, I think I can get him to fold often enough to make money. The only hand I would be terrified to see is the K /images/graemlins/club.gif with any pair/K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q and against AT or 2pair I´m about 3to2 dog. A set about 2to1. That with the possibility of BB coming to life, reducing my chances if winning without a showdown, made me fold my hand

Right or wrong?

mythrilfox
01-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Yeah, your friends are dumb. Your 1-card flush draw isn't even the nuts, and your gutshot is dubious since the 10 of clubs gives the K the nut flush. Moreover, if he has two pair or trips, do you really think you're "busting" him with 4 to a flush on the board?

Tony.T
01-04-2005, 02:06 AM
I´m a dog to 2pair or a set and I don´t think UTG is folding any of them, one reason I did fold. But the most likely holding is any A as I see it, and my plan on re-raising where really based on that. But thats the hard part of NL I think, risking much/all of your stack on a read

soah
01-04-2005, 02:21 AM
If you make your hand and someone goes bust, it's likely to be you. You can't pay to draw when you're not even sure you'll win the pot if you hit.

BobboFitos
01-04-2005, 08:00 AM
I dont mind a fold, but I dont think it's the best play.

I prefer going all-in in this spot: Your stack is very low (32.5 bets for you) and all things considered, this is a power draw 6 handed. With such short stacked poker, it's not right to assume you are always going to run into better hands/draws; there is significant money in the pot, and you say you DO have some fold equity vs one pair hands, so launch it in there.

A few other things to consider...
Calling is horrible because if a 4th club hits, you will not get action (4 clubs on board) unless you run into the nuts.
Calling is also bad because as you say it may get raised behind you, essentially tying you into the pot where you are up against a better made hand and better draw.
There is no reason to assume the K /images/graemlins/club.gif is out. PFR could have a wide range of hands 6 handed, and would he really pot the flop with the bare K /images/graemlins/club.gif ?

With AKo (w/club) you'd think he'd bet less than pot to entice action from weaker aces, as really no turn cards hurt his hand.

greg nice
01-04-2005, 10:46 AM
dont call raises with KQo preflop