PDA

View Full Version : under pair with 1 left to act

jt1
01-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Not the most interesting hand, but I want to see if I'm too weak in these situations.

PP 3/6 full table. tight passive table. I poste in CO with 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif MP3 is tight passive b4 the flop and a bit laggish after. Button is loose passive.

MP1 limps. MP3 limps. I check. Button limps. Sb folds. BB checks

(5 sb) K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks. MP1 checks. MP3 bets. I fold ?

I'm getting around 10-1 implied and none of my cards make anyone elses straight or flush. However, I fear a check raise or raise by the button. Sure I know button is passive, but I don't have reads on the other guys, and this seems to me to be a check raise type flop.

Harv72b
01-04-2005, 12:32 AM
I fold. On a tight passive table I wouldn't put it past anyone to limp KQ, even first in, and a pair of twos with a four kicker is obviously pretty weak. Even if you catch a four, there's a chance that you're still behind or that you get outdrawn on the river...I don't think that this pot is big enough to go on with (maybe) 5 outs.

Giving yourself 10:1 implied odds is also a bit generous, I think, as this is also a flop that could force a lot of folds based on the pot size & table behavior.

Russ McGinley
01-04-2005, 12:35 AM
This is such an easy fold. You have 3 players left to act and any of them could check-raise you and trap you into the hand drawing to either 5 outs, 2 outs, or no outs. Don't chase bottom pair when you've not voluntarily put any money into the pot.

Gatts
01-04-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't chase bottom pair when you've not voluntarily put any money into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop thinking like this. How much money you've put into the pot is irrelevant.