PDA

View Full Version : 22 on the bubble

jeffraider
01-03-2005, 11:37 PM
5 left, level 4. I'm the shortstack at 600 after posting the 50 blind. Everyone else has around 1000-1300 area, except for BB who is up to 2600. I'm in the SB with 22. Folded to the CO who calls. Button folds. What do I do here?

Mr_J
01-03-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm new to poker but here I move all-in. You need some chips, BB probally doesn't have anything and hope that CO doesn't have a PP.

Mons
01-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Auto-push for me. You're in no shape to get past the bubble unless you find a spot quickly. Some people may advocating waiting for Ax but I believe (as in I'm not 100% sure) that this is a better mathematical play.

jeffraider
01-03-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Auto-push for me. You're in no shape to get past the bubble unless you find a spot quickly. Some people may advocating waiting for Ax but I believe (as in I'm not 100% sure) that this is a better mathematical play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay thanks a lot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW I ended up folding like an idiot and I would have tripled up. I ended up knocked out with KQ the next hand.

ilya
01-04-2005, 12:11 AM
I think 22 is too low to push. If you think the BB is unlikely to raise without a real hand, I like completing. If the BB is agressive, I prefer folding.

Mons
01-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Yeah sorry Jeff. Ilya's thinking show's why I'm not yet at the $109s. Completing is a much better option.

Mr_J
01-04-2005, 12:29 AM
But if you complete, you probally have 3 way action where your 2s are much less attractive. By pushing you have the chance to pick up the pot without a showdown. BB *probally* doesn't have a stronger hand and will probally call with a lesser hand. BB could be weak and leave it up to CO, who could be weak as well (more info plz /images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

Also, 600 chips left, soon to lose another 150 if blinds haven't gone up by then and you are not likely to get a stronger HU hand. Sorry if I'm wrong just wanna voice my opinions so I can learn.

adanthar
01-04-2005, 12:41 AM
I either push or complete but it depends on what CO's stats are. If he's too loose or too tight I'd rather just put in the extra 50 and hit a set.

jeffraider
01-04-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm positive that I'm going to be showing my ass here, but I'm not sure that I understand why completing is a decent option here. It seems like I'd almost be throwing the money away doing that, as I won't flop a set very often, and if I was going to flop one anyways, why not get my money in before the flop when I've got a bit of folding equity and I've only got 6.5BB left. I really think I should have pushed this, being that my hand is a slight favourite against a lot of hands that will call it and I'm in the spot of needing to take a gamble.

adanthar
01-04-2005, 02:20 AM
Completing's kinda marginal but with implied odds you only need to make up 150-200 chips postflop to make it worthwhile and you'll do that basically every time.

The only trouble with pushing is that you don't want to be called. If CO's a LAG, calling station or trapping with kings you're in trouble, which is why you check the stats first.