PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 Party, should I have called it down?

mannika
01-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (18 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Bottom line, I just got scared of calling all the extra bets from the turn on, and figured that there was a good chance that I was beat. Anyone else continue with this?

Vern
01-03-2005, 09:24 PM
I think I give up to the turn bet here too. You didn't list a read, so a typical player is only going to pre-flop limp-reraise with a very limited number of hands, usually just AA and KK, sometimes with AKs and QQ too, but less likely. Against those holdings, you are ahead of only QQ and that hand is less (3 possible) likely because you have a queen. There are 6AA, 8 AK and 1KK out there. You announced on the flop that you had a King and he three-bet you. Add in the cold caller of two on the flop and I think you are so far behind on the turn you have to fold even just for one.

Vern

Edit: Suggestion, when you have a question point, end the hand history there. I think you will get better results if responders only have the info you had at the time you made the decision. I still think I fold this for one on the turn, but knowing you would get check/raised three-bet can only bias answers.

mannika
01-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Okay good, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being weak here. Although seeing the showndown cards sure didn't help much. I'll put them in white for the benefit of those who would like to answer without seeing them yet.

<font color="white">BB: [8h 7h] ???
MP2: [Kh Jh]
Coincidentally, these are the EXACT hands that I placed them on at the time... yeah right.</font>

Vern
01-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Take notes, play different against them in the future and their stacks will be yours. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vern

Rah
01-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Jesus christ, that means the 3/6 is softer than the 1/2 lol