PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Exchange trading

MikeyObviously
01-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Anyone familiar with Forex trading? What place would be best to start out. I am thinking about investing in the EURO.

The4Aces
01-03-2005, 09:11 PM
I would recomend not investing in the EURO. The Dollar is at an alltime low when compared to the Euro. I dont susppect for the Euro to go much higher, but i can see the dollar going higher.

MikeyObviously
01-03-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm looking for books on amazon on the subject, and all the books have all negative reviews it seems like? any 2+2 recomendations?

Dan Mezick
01-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Avoid commodities unless you have loads of time and can make a total commitment. There are many funds that are denominated in euros, or speculate (with leverage) long and short the euro. If you poke around you can find exactly what you need without getting involved in FOREX.

The main thing is to get it out of the bank, denominated in dollars. If you look at the DJIA valued in euros, it has gone down ALOT in the past year....

These Euro fund and ETF vehicles are convenient and not complicated. Discuss with a CFP or broker.

Almost all commodities speculators lose all of their trading bankroll.

Euro Fund (http://www.progs4wealth.com/funds/templeton/templeton_global_euro_fund.htm)

maroondude
01-05-2005, 03:52 PM
I am a FX and futures broker with Alaron in Chicago...give me a ring or an e-mail if you want to to chat about this...my direct number is 800371-3581 ny e-mail is fdaniel@alaron.com

joop
01-07-2005, 02:18 AM
Hey there,

What timeframe would you like to trade over? Do you want to go for long term holdings over a year, or can you monitor your position intraday? Do you have any trading experience up until this point? Trading forex is not much different from trading anything else, you have to develop yourself a system from historical data, then you can open a demo account and trade it to forward test your system before commiting any money.

Gareth