PDA

View Full Version : another 10,000 hand check

limit
01-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I've just got 10000 in pokertacker at .50/1.00 here, This is from playing at Party and skins, Paradise and TGC:

http://img107.exs.cx/img107/5130/1000all4zc.jpg

The thing that I find interesting is that if I filter just the hands played at Party I get

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/678/justparty4wc.jpg

The games at PArty are loose passive, the games at Paradise and TGC are tight and slightly agressive.
I gotta say I like playing the Party games.

limit

bigmac366
01-03-2005, 10:09 PM
i've noticed a similar effect on my bb/100 at party. its heaven on earth. i only play elsewhere to clear bonuses or the occasional tourney. your vpip number is a little lower than mine, but everything else is pretty solid, based on my limit expierence with my pt. just out of curiousity, do you have any data on me?

shadow29
01-03-2005, 10:12 PM
What's your totagg (excluding preflop)?

You're too tight for party .5/1. I think you should be in the 16-18 range. Raise more preflop, too. You can be a little looser out the sb. Most advocate vpip x2.

Also (probably most importantly?), you're not going to showdown often enough, meaning that you're folding solid hands. This number should be in the 33% range. Your Won $ at SD is too high, actually. This means that you're folding some winners.

Conclusion, Party players are bad. You can play more cards, more aggressively, and farther and still win against them.

limit
01-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Bigmac366 the ony data I have on you is from TGC just 20 hands so nothing really accurate

bigmac366 (PNL / TGC) 20 hands VP$IP-25% PFR-5%

My Totagg exluding preflop is 1.65

SHadow you say
"Your Won $ at SD is too high, actually. This means that you're folding some winners."

do you mean to low ?

thanks for the input, looks likt I've got some things to work on.

limit

droolie
01-04-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bigmac366 the ony data I have on you is from TGC just 20 hands so nothing really accurate

bigmac366 (PNL / TGC) 20 hands VP$IP-25% PFR-5%

My Totagg exluding preflop is 1.65

SHadow you say
"Your Won $ at SD is too high, actually. This means that you're folding some winners."

do you mean to low ?

thanks for the input, looks likt I've got some things to work on.

limit

[/ QUOTE ]

He meant too high.

A very high won at showdown % is not the mark of an expert player. The higher that percentage above 55% the more likely you're folding winners. You should be going to showdown enough times with losers to keep this % near 51-55. When this is too high, for every 5 good folds you make you're making one costly laydown that would have won. Definitely work on this.

DMBFan23
01-04-2005, 12:29 AM
you are pretty tight and probably arent raising enough preflop, and too passive postflop. but it's probable that you are a winning player, so now you can work on maximizing your EV.

and the Won $ at showdown statistic being too high means that you are only showing down good to very good hands, and are missing out on some hands that will lower your average percentage of times that you win at showdown, but are +EV showdowns due to pot size...you may or may not be giving up on some pots too early

limit
01-04-2005, 01:01 AM
A very high won at showdown % is not the mark of an expert player. The higher that percentage above 55% the more likely you're folding winners. You should be going to showdown enough times with losers to keep this % near 51-55. When this is too high, for every 5 good folds you make you're making one costly laydown that would have won. Definitely work on this.

and the Won $ at showdown statistic being too high means that you are only showing down good to very good hands, and are missing out on some hands that will lower your average percentage of times that you win at showdown, but are +EV showdowns due to pot size...you may or may not be giving up on some pots too early

This is some interesting information, the game gets a bit deeper that I first thought.

appreciate the feedback!

antidan444
01-04-2005, 01:30 AM
All that has been said in this thread above illustrates why it is so important to post hands you have questions on, and to read other hands others have had questions on. Analysing PT stats is fine and good, but where you (and I) learn is from rolling up the sleeves and diving into actual hands.

To limit: You're already a winning player, so consider this a well-earned congratulations. As others have said, you can now work to maximize your winnings and your understanding. Post hands, keep reading and watch your winrate soar.

(Oh, and ignore my stuff. It's hideous. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)