PDA

View Full Version : mistake on the river?

dfscott
01-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Weak pre-flop steal attempt, followed by a semi-bluff flop bet. Either are probably somewhat questionable.

However, after that I think I have odds to call my straight draw all the way to the river (hoping BB doesn't have KQ). However, should I fold my weak 2-pair on the river when my straight draw misses?

BB is slightly loose and somewhat aggressive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

SomethingClever
01-03-2005, 07:40 PM
This looks good... I think you'll be up against a lower PP, a missed straight draw, a total bluff or missed overcards 1 in 7 times.

Unfortunately because you're posting this, I suspect this was not one of those times.

MoreWineII
01-03-2005, 07:41 PM
I think it's a call. Villian could easily play AK/AQ this way.

lu_hawk
01-03-2005, 07:47 PM
"Weak pre-flop steal attempt, followed by a semi-bluff flop bet"

The preflop raise is for value as is the flop bet. After he raises the flop then just go ahead and let him overplay his hand. You can't give him credit for anything in the blinds like this.

rewt75
01-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Am I the only one 3-betting the flop with middle pair and an OESD? Free turn card play?