PDA

View Full Version : Cheating(unfair) or Not?

HigherAce
01-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Now, lets say you had a group of 5 people that all play and share from the same bankroll. Now if you were sitting at a 10 handed table with all 5 of these people, knowing that they split the money and yet they arn't cheating in anyway except that most of them see every flop, what would you say of this? Maybe cheating isn't the best word lets use unfair or not?

BarronVangorToth
01-03-2005, 08:16 PM
You have to be very careful of these situations.

For example, recently on my trip to Tunica I was on the same table as a buddy of mine and there were a few opportunities where it was him, me, and Guy X. If he would bet, I could easily raise, to eliminate Guy X, and then he and I could check down the rest of the hand.

That isn't right ... so I played against him as if he were any other person at the table. Doing otherwise is collusion and wrong.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

bernie
01-03-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yet they arn't cheating in anyway except that most of them see every flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

doing this, they'd have to cheat to make any money.

b

Kaz The Original
01-04-2005, 01:00 AM
If they are seeing too many flops because they share the bankroll... I like it!

Cerril
01-04-2005, 01:25 AM
I guess it's unfair... I mean it's unfair to them that they're going to lose so much money. If everyone plays equally well or poorly then they each lose their share of the rake. If they're seeing almost every flop then they lose their share of the rake when you aren't in and you get your equity when you are. You have a massive advantage in this game

mosquito
01-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Five honest people could play fairly, but Diogenes
could not find ONE honest man......

mosquito
01-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Of course, some groups of 5 play so poorly, I
want them in the game. Cheating or not.

Mufus
01-04-2005, 11:55 AM
.. it all depends on if there is any collusion going, if there isnt it isnt cheating when you split the money. Sometime I play with a man and his wife, they play with the same bankroll, and in between hands they are allowed to give money to each other, but put them together in one hand and they are rivals..

K C
01-04-2005, 12:10 PM
How many of them see the flop isn't what we need to be concerned about, it's how they play each other versus how they play someone not in their group. While there's nothing wrong with sharing a bankroll per se, it's going to be hard to resist the temptation to play softer against one another.

This is nowhere near as big a deal as if they are giving some sort of signals or otherwise giving extra info to one another. This would be cheating for sure of course.

If the players are bad though, and there isn't any obvious monkey business going on, it can easily be profitable to play with these folks.

KC
http://kingcobrapoker.com

odellthurman
01-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Isn't this similar to the problem with professional players making side bets - which might lead to the potential for playing in ways that might not be optimal strategy, if the side bets didn't exist. For example, 2 professionals, John and Jane, have a last longer bet in a tournament. They both get shortstacked while at the same table. Isn't it possible that they make moves designed to win the last longer bet as opposed to winning the tournament or finishing in the money?

eleventy
01-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Isn't everyone stratagey in a Tourney to last longer than everyone else?

shummie
01-05-2005, 03:39 PM
I think he's referring to those situations where you might be short stacked and take more risks in order to place higher (give you a shot at 1st for instance), rather than sit out until you weezle your way into the low end of the money.

But good, and funny, point.

- Jason

dtbog
01-05-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometime I play with a man and his wife, they play with the same bankroll, and in between hands they are allowed to give money to each other

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I'm not sure how much I'd like this if I were at the table, unless it comes out of their pockets.

-DB