PDA

View Full Version : Not much you can do here w/ AJo?

wuarhg
01-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Just sat down, Nothing I can do on the flop really except fold? Do you ever strike back at these people, if so; when and why? I later discovered he was a 25/5 with PF-AGG of 1.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 2.70 BB

sublime
01-03-2005, 06:09 PM
even a passive opponent is gonna c/r here with a 8, so IMO you are drawing live a very high percentage of the time. i would probably call and raise if i improve on the turn.

wuarhg
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
I suppose you call the flop if you have a big hand like AA,KK,QQ when it's headsup like this? And when you don't hit with a hand like AQ,AJ you often fold the turn unimproved, correct?

I overlooked and thought I had only 3 outs for my overcards. Ofcourse this does not apply in headsup situations (that often).

mannika
01-03-2005, 06:31 PM
No one here likes raising?

I think I would probably raise the flop, and then check-fold from then on if I do not improve.

sublime
01-03-2005, 06:32 PM
I suppose you call the flop if you have a big hand like AA,KK,QQ when it's headsup like this? And when you don't hit with a hand like AQ,AJ you often fold the turn unimproved, correct?

yes and yes.

also, if my opponent is really aggro and the jack falls on the turn i may wait till the river to raise.