PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

11-21-2001, 01:33 PM
Things I am thankful for:

1. My wife, who without question is a master at poker game selection. pointing out "Yeah, that's a good game, for everyone else. You're the live one."

2. URMeowed, for giving me a market for a whole year of dead cat jokes.

3. Russ Boyd, for showing me that someone stiffing me for $56,000 would not turn me to a life of crime trying to collect it.

4. RGP, which shows what would happen if Mason wasn't at the gates to keep the barbarians away.

5. All my internet poker and 2+2 friends who have shown humor and friendship at the poker tables and the poker forums.

6. Everyone who has disagreed with what I have written, and the many mistakes that I have made trying to make my case, but who have given me the benefit of temporary stupity.

7. For pot limit hold'em which has once again illuminated the fact that The best hand on the last round is not a reason to call on this betting round.

8. To our resident troll who has pointed out the downside of free speech.

9. To the fellow posters that put themselves up for ridicule by posting things we may find interesting.

10. And for those Hold'em players that play small pairs upfront.

Have a safe holiday.

MS Sunshine

11-21-2001, 07:05 PM
I'm thankful for the slaughter of turkeys and not cats on Thanksgiving.

I'm thankful for all the twisted beats the past 5 weeks have brought. You learn so much about your poker game when you're getting pounded on just about everyday. You know you're running bad when raked paid is higher than money won.

URMeowed

=^._.^=

11-21-2001, 09:01 PM
Did you really have 56k in your pokerspot account? Too bad if you did. You have my sympathies...

11-21-2001, 10:26 PM
"4. RGP, which shows what would happen if Mason wasn't at the gates to keep the barbarians away."

It's ironic but all the nastiness on RGP has probably contributed significantly to making these forums a great success. We now get many more posts than RGP and I believe that is probably correlated with us receiving more traffic as well.

11-21-2001, 11:10 PM
1.I'm thankful to live in the USA

2. I'm thankful that honest livings are plentiful, and made away from the poker table.

3. I'm thankful that I do not have to associate with people that make their living playing cards.

4. I'm thankful that you your views are not held by the majority of law abiding American citizens.

11-22-2001, 03:18 PM
Actually it's simply a function of having a Carson free, Badger free forum.

Healthy and happy

11-22-2001, 03:39 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head. Getting rid of those two guys, at their own request I might add, was perhaps the best thing to happen to these forums.

11-22-2001, 10:40 PM
1.) I am thankful to live in Canada as a friendly neighor to the USA

1.) I am thankful that you kept that asinine post short

2.) I am thankful that you don't associate with us either.

3.) I am thankful that I have a free speaking forum in which to say all that I deem fit to say.

4.) I am thankful to live in a society where I may play poker as a past time.

5.) I am thankful that I don't have 56K. :-)

6.) I am thankful that I don't have a cat.

7.) I am thankful that I can't spell RGP

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Larry

11-23-2001, 07:52 AM
"6.) I am thankful that I don't have a cat."

You are shorting yourself you meowheaded canadian, eh???

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MY HOME AND NATIVE LANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

URMeowed

=^._.^=

11-23-2001, 09:06 AM
Y'all quit makin fun of the way we talk eh?

11-23-2001, 09:16 AM
....and curling....and french fries with vinegar...donuts....and the mackenzie brothers.

Happy Thanksgiving neighbors.