PDA

View Full Version : Prima's Extreme Turbos

Burno
01-03-2005, 04:21 PM
For those not familiar...

5 handed
10/20 to start
Blinds increase every two hands
So the whole thing is over in under ten minutes.

Believe it or not, I think these things could be profitable in mass, although my sample isn't large enough yet to be certain.

Here are my thoughts on them so far. All of the profit potential comes from your opponent's errors. There's no room for "outplaying" someone. You basically just push and call your stack like a monkey. Knowing hot and cold hand values is a must, as well as being able to quickly determine the price the pot is laying you.

The errors I am seeing in opponent's play are HUGE. There seems to be at least two opponents in each tournament who have no idea what pot odds are. BB folds getting 4:1 are not uncommon. Many players don't seem to understand that you have to push with garbage and call with garbage to have any chance at victory.

I'm hoping to hear from other 2+2'ers who play in these. Care to share any results? What strategies have you find effective? I myself am wondering if the payout makes a hyperaggressive strategy the best one.

AleoMagus
01-03-2005, 05:41 PM
I experimented with these a while back and came to many of the same conclusions.

I like how the tables never really close. I would just open 4 tables with mini-view and play as many as I could get into. I f I busted, I'd just leave it and as soon as the table finished playing, I'd join again. I found that I'd usually be playing 3 this way.

I agree that these could be profitable, but I did not make a profit playing them and don't play them anymore. I didn't end up losing much and the first 40 or so, I was really just getting the hang of them. I suppose the biggest reason I don't play them anymore is just that I don't like prima.

Regards
Brad S

tdp
01-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I love to play these and they are definately +EV to me.Knowing what to play hot and cold is the key.I also steal a lot of pots when checked to me on the button.
Extreme turbo=poker crack.

J-Lo
01-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Excuse my ignorance... but what does playing cards hot and cold mean?

Does it mean you should call 200 more chips (all in) if you are in the BB w/ 42o and blinds of 200-400?