PDA

View Full Version : KK very early on

jeffraider
01-03-2005, 04:16 PM
It's the first hand of level 2 of a Party $11. I'm at 1705 after a flopped full house with KK. I'm dealt KK again on the button. Villain is in the cutoff with 1700 chips. Folded to him, and he raises to 75. I've seen some very erratic play out of him so far. I reraise to 300, he thinks and then calls. Flop comes J22 rainbow. He bets out 750, I reraise all-in.

What do you think?

ColdestCall
01-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Tough to imagine getting away from KK here without an exceptionally good reason. I would have pushed for sure. If you're beat, you're beat - start another one.

Burno
01-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Looks pretty standard to me. If he has AA, so be it. Most of the time he won't, and you'll be shown QQ, AJ, AK, TT, or the other two kings.

jeffraider
01-03-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tough to imagine getting away from KK here without an exceptionally good reason. I would have pushed for sure. If you're beat, you're beat - start another one.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my impression too. Unfortunately villain tables 42o when I expected to see AK.

binions
01-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Against a raise early in a SNG with AA or KK, I'm reraising all-in preflop every time.

Mostly they fold, and I have set a badass image.

When they do call, I usually double up.

Occasionally, they'll suck out with a lesser pair. Occasionally with KK, they have AK and hit their ace.

The way I figure it, 60% of the times they suck out happen on the flop, and unless its obvious (AK v my KK, and ace flops), I am going to lose most or all of my chips anyway.

ColdestCall
01-03-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my impression too. Unfortunately villain tables 42o when I expected to see AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH MY! That smarts - well remember this opponent and seek to play against him as often as possible in the future. You'll get the money in the end.

jeffraider
01-03-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt! He had lost 2500 of the 3500 he had in the next two hands with similar insanity. Any good way to try to sit near this guy again in an SnG? The 10+1s seem to fill and start too fast to really keep up to a serious fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH MY! That smarts - well remember this opponent and seek to play against him as often as possible in the future. You'll get the money in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

sofere
01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
First orbit of 5.50 Stars tourney, blinds 10/20
Dealt AA UTG
Raise to 60...6 callers
Flop comes 8-5-2...don't remember if it was rainbow or two suited.
BB bets all-in. I have a bad feeling I'm beat, but I don't have the balls to fold AA to a rag flop especially in a 5.50 game (i had him slightly covered but I'm crippled if I lose). Does anyone lay this down?

pshreck
01-03-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's the first hand of level 2 of a Party $11. I'm at 1705 after a flopped full house with KK. I'm dealt KK again on the button. Villain is in the cutoff with 1700 chips. Folded to him, and he raises to 75. I've seen some very erratic play out of him so far. I reraise to 300, he thinks and then calls. Flop comes J22 rainbow. He bets out 750, I reraise all-in.

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of response are you expecting with a post like this? Fold pre-flop? Fold post-flop on a beautiful board for you? The only possible thing is to reraise all in...

binions
01-03-2005, 05:33 PM
AA first hand of the tourney? UTG?

Either limp with the plan of reraising all in, or raise all in and see if you get callers. These are the best ways to double up with the minimum amount of risk.

You do not want to play AA against a crowd. And 3XBB is not enough to get people to fold.

If you limp and don't get raised, be prepared to fold if someone shows strength. After all, it's only one pair.

Unparagoned
01-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I just ran into a very similar hand with very similar results...but I have to be honest, I'm going to take my chances and keep playing it the same way... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

schwza
01-03-2005, 06:24 PM
my default would be to reraise a little less, maybe to 250 instead of 300, cause you hate to see a fold, especially somebody who might do something dumb on the flop if they get there.

after he bets half his stack on the flop, he'll definitely call with any pair. the only question is how to get the money in if he has AQ/AT/etc. my inclination would be to raise all-in instead of calling unless you think he's likely to bet again with nothing. if he's likely to be raising and calling with an awful hand (like, say, 68) then he'll fold to your push but might bet the turn if you just call.

ilya
01-03-2005, 07:07 PM
You should fold on the flop. After all, he could have 42o!

therock
01-04-2005, 03:49 PM
With 6 callers pre-flop, this is an easy fold for me. You just don't want to play AA with so many players.