PDA

View Full Version : Adventures with 33 -- part 2

Greg J
01-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Once again, I go for overcalls, this time on the flop with a boat. Villian in this hand is... okay I will be kind: he is a less-than-good player. He is a selective maniac, but does not appear to be too bright. Frankly, I don't think he can read the board. Earlier he bet the river with a four straight on the river: KQTxJ rainbow, and I overcalled with my lone ace since I didn't want to contribute to rake and wanted 9s to overcall -- turns out he was betting his paired J on the river. Safe to say he is on my buddy list now. Stats: 60vp/11pfr/1.5ag (with his aggression showing up at all the wrong times). I privately use the term LARG for these types of opponents (Loose-aggressive-retarded). Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Greg is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.5. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, MP (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Greg calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Greg calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Greg raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Greg caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Greg raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Greg caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

BellyBuster7
01-03-2005, 04:20 PM
I play it the same way. You're only behind hands he would've PFR'd with, and he didn't. I wait until the turn to make my move too, though it's too bad you lost both blinds to his flop bet anyway.

Greg J
01-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Villian has: get this AJ/images/graemlins/club.gif to hit his gutshot wrap-around straight draw /images/graemlins/grin.gif. So yeah, MHI-totally-G.

That is so sweet.

EDIT: Runner-runner gutshot wrap around straight draw!

DrBob
01-03-2005, 04:54 PM
I thought a wrap-around straight beats a full house?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MD2020
01-03-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought a wrap-around straight beats a full house?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It does in my game. I certainly hope this guy complains to Party support.

Greg J, you did immediately add this guy to your buddy list, right?

Edit: I just noticed that we have frighteningly similar avatars.