PDA

View Full Version : More 1-2 NL at the Trop...

otnemem
01-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Forgive me, as I don't recall the specifics of this hand, but I'll do my best to re-enact it...

I'm UTG+1 in the 4 seat with two red aces. I raise $10 to $12. 5 seat folds, 6 calls, folded around.

Flop: K-Q-7 rainbow. I bet $25. 4 seat calls.

Turn: K-Q-7-(10). I bet $40. 4 seat calls.

River: K-Q-7-(10)-(K). I check. Dealer looks at my opponent and says, knocks his palm on the table and says, "check is good," and I turn up my aces. Only...

As they were flipping up onto the table, I realized that my foe was pulling out chips and was saying, "fifty dollars." He had never checked it, but the dealer thought he had and so he informed me of a check that never occured. We called the floor, and the bet stayed, but my cards were still live. So I now I have the choice of calling. $205 in the pot, $50 to call. My move?

otnemem
01-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Anyone? Bueller... Bueller...

PITTM
01-03-2005, 03:01 PM
probably fold, i cant imagine what they would be betting that wouldnt beat you. i think the floor made the wrong decision though.

rj

otnemem
01-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Why do you think they made the wrong decision? The only reason I threw the cards face up was because the dealer signaled to me as if the other guy checked and that I should show my cards. The dealer acknowledged this immediately. He realized it was his error and wanted to correct it. The only possible difference in the decision I think would be that the guy could retract his bet and check instead. I personally don't think he would have pulled it back anyway, as he saw what a decision I had. But I don't think my cards should have been dead. Anyway, I thought for a while and called, figuring he was on a draw, or put me on a draw and was waiting for me to slow down. He mucked to my exposed cards and I took it down.