PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker million semis

networkman
01-03-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm going to play in one of the semis in Jan. I was wondering, do most players have the full 2000 extra starting chips?

Also, I would guess with all those extra chips the semis are a long slog, what are we talking maybe 8-9 hours?

Cheers

jccookjr
01-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Almost everyone will start with the extra 2000 chips. I played in one of the NL semis last month and played for eight hours before getting busted. It lasted about 45 minutes longer I read here.

networkman
01-03-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Almost everyone will start with the extra 2000 chips. I played in one of the NL semis last month and played for eight hours before getting busted. It lasted about 45 minutes longer I read here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate, I guess I was hoping I'd have a big advantage with my 2k xtra chips LOL.

I really can't make up my mind if I should play a limit or NL semi.

I hav'nt played a limit multi for ages but funnily enough I won my seat in a limit SnG plus the final is limit...

CUonCRUISE
01-03-2005, 04:42 PM
The average starting chips is about 2550 total. Some players come in with 1000. The extra chips are a big factor, especially playing limit. You can play more hands in the early going and try to win some big pots. I would go with limit, I qualified twice this year(both limit). Remember, when the stakes go up to make value bluffs, they work a lot. If you make it expect 8-9+ hours. Unless you go real bad, at least 3. GL and c u on cruise.

Kinggkong

networkman
01-04-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The average starting chips is about 2550 total. Some players come in with 1000. The extra chips are a big factor, especially playing limit. You can play more hands in the early going and try to win some big pots. I would go with limit, I qualified twice this year(both limit). Remember, when the stakes go up to make value bluffs, they work a lot. If you make it expect 8-9+ hours. Unless you go real bad, at least 3. GL and c u on cruise.

Kinggkong

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for the info, well done and GL to you