PDA

View Full Version : TT hand(too LAGgy?)

Hack
01-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Was the 3bet ok? I did not have a real read on him but it was an LP raise so I figured it was okay to 3bet with TT.

It was not a raise to knock out the BB since that fish will call with anything. I think it was more a value raise.

Was it good to keep betting out the flop and showing aggression? I didn't want to just check becuase I wanted to know where I was. If I was raised I was planning on folding the turn UI.

I like this method much better though.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

River: (10.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Wario
01-03-2005, 07:51 AM
I'd play this the same way.

If raised on the flop I would call and fold the turn unimproved also.

Vern
01-03-2005, 08:21 AM
I am not a fan of the river bet. What holdings do you think your opponent has that will call more than 50% the time that you are still ahead. I think the bet is not for value anymore. Let him try and bluff with the ace hitting, but you run the raised by an ace and needing to fold or being bluffed to fold with a raise.

Hack
01-03-2005, 08:22 AM
So you check/call? I was going to fold to a raise so I figured I'd keep up the aggression.

Wario
01-03-2005, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not a fan of the river bet. What holdings do you think your opponent has that will call more than 50% the time that you are still ahead. I think the bet is not for value anymore. Let him try and bluff with the ace hitting, but you run the raised by an ace and needing to fold or being bluffed to fold with a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think not betting the river is giving our opponent too much credit. UTG+1 could call with 3's, 7's, 9's or just nothing at all.

I much prefer bet/fold.

Hack
01-03-2005, 08:26 AM
I do too.

Shillx
01-03-2005, 08:28 AM
This hand is fine.

Brad

Vern
01-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Hero planned to fold the river to a raise, but since there is no read listed for UTG+1 I treat him as unknown. I therefore give him basic credit until proven otherwise and I want to know what he will call down with so I can make an accurate judgement on future hands so I don't think a river check/call is bad either.