PDA

View Full Version : AJo in the SB with loads of limpers

Digs
01-03-2005, 05:47 AM
Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Specifically worried about my preflop and river plays (clearly).

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DeathDonkey
01-03-2005, 05:50 AM
I would not raise preflop (I think that's the other option in your head) either. Depending on reads I may check this flop.

On the river I would check to induce a bluff or save a bet if he has me beat. I think you have to call a raise so I like checking.

btw, some of your preflop action got cut off.

-DeathDonkey

Roadstar
01-03-2005, 05:53 AM
I agree with DeathDonkey, you're probably wanting to see a showdown but the river card paired the board and made a flush possible. If you bet and get raised, you must be willing to fold. A check/call would achieve the same thing without the headache (plus if villain doesn't have anything, then he wouldn't call your bet anyway).

Digs
01-03-2005, 05:54 AM
Yea now that I look it over with a clear head check call seems like the right play.

It was 5-handed iirc so nothing's missing preflop.

DeathDonkey
01-03-2005, 06:08 AM
Oh just noticed it was a 6 max table. You may get better responses in the HUSH forum just so you know.

Malcom Reynolds
01-03-2005, 06:11 AM
River, easy value bet, especially shorthanded. Checking will often just give your opponent a free showdown.

Reef
01-03-2005, 07:14 AM
preflop was fine. I don't raise AJo from the SB unless it's heads up or with 1 very loose limper. Either bet/fold or check/call. I sometimes prefer check/calling because I get a showdown and often times my opponent will take a stab at the pot with a weaker hand. River is a really scary card so I might go with that option. If you go the other way, you MUST fold to a raise (assuming opp. is not maniac)