PDA

View Full Version : Wrong time to try this against maniac?

Roadstar
01-03-2005, 05:47 AM
TGC $1/$2 Vilain is the same psycho who raises 80% of the time preflop so I didn't respect his raise at all. I think I played this terribly?

Hero dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in BB

Preflop:
Folds to MP1 who raises, folds to SB who calls, Hero calls

(I called because I thought MP1 doesn't have anything, he raised over 5 times in a row preflop already)

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, SB folds, Hero raises, MP1 3 bets, Hero calls
(ok I think I'm stupid here but my originaly thought was this guy doesn't have anything, I'm going to C/R him to slow him down so that I could get a free card on the turn? - by making it look like I'll C/R him again. Shoot! this sounds dumb I know)

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls
(is the pot big enough to check/call this with 5 outs? The pot odds are slightly short immediately but I could get some action on the river?)

River: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, MP1 checks.
(no point of betting obviously, no surprise that maniac checked because there are no more cards to come!)

Pls help me adjust to maniacs like these thanks a lot!

Malcom Reynolds
01-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Preflop, with the SB in there, I'm inclined to just call too. No way I am folding A5s in the BB with a maniac in the hand.

On the flop, since you expect the maniac to raise any bet, you should bet out so that the maniac will raise your bet to hopefully force SB out of the hand. Your purpose is to get heads up with the maniac. And bottom pair against any two cards is a monster. You should proceed to cap the flop for value.

No reason to slow down on the turn. Bet the river.