PDA

View Full Version : Turn action with AA in CO vs flop 3bet

deathpotato
01-03-2005, 04:58 AM
UTG here had so far played decently, not too maniacal by any means. UTG+2 is a typical calling station.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

For some reason, on this flop, I get the feeling that I'm up against 2pair or a set from UTG. Is it very weak to call down here instead of capping?

Turn: (11.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero .....

If calling down on the flop was wrong, I assume I should put in a raise here as well, but I feel quite wary of UTG's betting. I realize that it's difficult to comment on reads, as I've been playing with these players and you have not, but is it reasonable to suspect two pair or a set here?

Thanks for any and all comments!

Jaran
01-03-2005, 05:05 AM
I would prolly cap the flop. If he still leads into you on the turn, then you can think about calling down. Given the way you played it, I think you have to call here.

-Jaran