PDA

View Full Version : What to do on the turn?

mr giles
01-03-2005, 03:48 AM
BB is new, 60% PF on both other opponents, but only ~20 hands on each.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

What now? Stop'n'go from MP1 screams KJ to me. I know I have odds to call for my flush if it is live. Can I raise? If I am reraised, should I cap? If I just call, should I bet/raise the river? These still baffle me, even after 20K hands.

When I see it here on the screen, I feel like there should be a simple answer. I think there is HU, but multi way makes it much more complicated.

BusterStacks
01-03-2005, 03:50 AM
I'm raising the turn and seeing the river if 3bet. I think he will fire at you with TP and a range of kickers.

cold_cash
01-03-2005, 03:53 AM
I would raise because you probably have the best hand, and if you don't you probably have the best draw, (and a good portion of the time you'll have both). If the BB and/or UTG+1 come along, that's fine. If they don't, that's fine too.

If you get 3-bet you'll have to reconsider things, but usually when that happens you can be fairly certain you're drawing, and play the rest of the way accordingly.

W. Deranged
01-03-2005, 03:58 AM
Does anyone here think that it might be better to try and get overcalls from the early position players here? With a draw that is very likely the best, and a hand that is not that vulnerable to draws (you have the clubs; aces are the only thing you can confidently worry about...) I might want to keep those players around for the times that I am behind. My guess is that at least one of them will come along often enough to make this at least as good value-wise as raising.

So I'd call the turn and decide on calling/raising the river depending on how likely I think I am to get overcalls.

mr giles
01-03-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone here think that it might be better to try and get overcalls from the early position players here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be difficult for me to learn to call here. As said earlier, I think I either have the best hand or best draw here. If either of them will call for one I'm betting at least one will call for 2. This pot is getting pretty big, I think a raise is in order.