PDA

View Full Version : K6o vs. a blind steal

01-03-2005, 03:41 AM
Button is a TAG who raises a wide variety of hands when in a blind steal position.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

<font color="purple">Is this subtle more passive approach more appropriate more times in the BB than the 3-bet, lead the flop line?
Lately I've been 3-betting out of the SB and in the BB calling more and leading non-scary flops. </font>

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="purple">Great flop for me. I decided to do the check/check/bet method. </font>

Turn: (3.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="purple">Bet and fold to a raise a better option now? </font>

River: (5.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="purple">Didn't have the bet in me for the river after that turn card. </font>

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

I gotta start working on this part of my game more. As I move up the limits blind stealing and blind defended because more important.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention. Very important. He had been taking shots at my blind all session and this is the best hand I've had thus far.

cold_cash
01-03-2005, 03:45 AM
I'm assuming your description for the button is actually for the CO?

I'd let him have my blind when I have K6.

bottomset
01-03-2005, 03:46 AM
i think if you are gonna defend you need to play back at him, not just call him down, which really won't change his approach much, he may raise a variety of hands, but your K6 doesn't figure to be that good against all that many of them

BusterStacks
01-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Ok well, I don't defend with this hand, but here's how I'm doing it in your shoes.

1) Checkraise the flop

2) Bet and fold to a raise on Turn

3) Check/call river. I don't think a worse hand will call your bet.

Malcom Reynolds
01-03-2005, 04:32 AM
A lot of people are discussing the preflop call. This really depends on how wide a range of hands he steals with.

What is a wide variety of hands?

I think that defending with K6o, the stealer needs an extremely wide range of hands, like any two suited or something. Especially if you describe him as a TAG although loose stealer, meaning he plays well postflop.

Pocket pairs down to 6 dominate you and the rest are ahead, any ace is ahead, most kings dominate you, any two suited between 6 and K are only slightly behind to you.

I think if it was K6s, then it might be better, but you'd better be able to outplay him postflop.