PDA

View Full Version : comitted again

stripsqueez
01-03-2005, 02:31 AM
so i'm cruising pokerstars which i just joined and found a $30+$3 18 player SNG with 17 players ready to go - i make a few chips early whilst the usual chook raffle sees several departures - the blinds get to 50/100

i get 6h6s in the cutoff and its folded to me - i have T1800 and raise to T300 - chook on the button with T1300 calls and everyone else folds

flop is 7h 5h 4c - i bet T400 - chook pushes - this is your common chook variety - too loose pre-flop, bad post flop - he has something - might be top pair or a draw - i look at my remaining stack and experience that strange surprise that happened a lot when i started playing NL tourneys - "ohh i appear to have committed to this pot" - so i call

all good ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

adanthar
01-03-2005, 04:07 AM
I like pushing the flop more. You do get the occasional TT-99/flush draw to fold.

TheAmp
01-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi,

I analyze the position this way:

1) call the all-in? I put him on on a top pair (A7), overpair or a set (not likely for him to call with low suited connectors). you need to put in 1100 chips to win 1800 - 38% winning chances would justify a call in a ring game. you have 8 outs for the straight and 2 outs for the set (very small back door flush chances that isnt a nut flush). thats 38.4% ,but you dont allways win when you make your hand !!! so its a fold in a ring game and a bigger fold here, since you are risking the tourney.

2) you should think about these things before you put yourself in that situation.