PDA

View Full Version : AA w/ flop cold call

texasrattlers
01-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Hypothetical scenario based on a hand I viewed. I will make it Party since most people familiar w/ Party structure.

First round. You are dealt AA UTG. Raise to 80. 3 callers. Blinds fold. Flop T93. You bet 180. Next to act thinks a while and calls. 3rd player folds.

What do you do on turn?

adanthar
01-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Where's the 'bet less than all in so as to actually get a call from a ten' option?

texasrattlers
01-03-2005, 02:27 AM
Too late to change the poll. We'll just have to count those votes by hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

texasrattlers
01-03-2005, 06:49 PM
My reason for posting this hand is that, when watching the hand, I "knew" the cold caller had flopped a set, just by the amount of delay he gave to calling or something. If you had the AA in this situation, and "knew" your opponent had flopped a set, would/could you lay it down? If you bet and get another cold call on the turn, what do you do on the river? Or is it always best to play this for all your chips in the lower buy-ins because say 75% of the time you are ahead.

In this hand the player w/ AA pushed on the turn and was quickly called by TT.

Unarmed
01-03-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or is it always best to play this for all your chips in the lower buy-ins because say 75% of the time you are ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'd play that for all my chips at any buy-in. Stacks are too short on Party to worry about getting away from AA versus a potential set. But Adanthar is dead on, you want to bet whatever amount AT/JJ/87s/JQs will call on the turn and pot commit them for the river. TT/33/99 has you by the nuts no matter what.

There is the odd exception of course, but if someone hits their set against your AA on party stacks (ring or SNG for that matter) and you DONT bust, you're probably playing too weak.