PDA

View Full Version : Are Pokerroom SNGs as easy as they seem?

JoeC
01-03-2005, 02:14 AM
I've been playing 30+3s and 50+4s just to clear a bonus, but man, are there a lot of fish here. It seems to me like these are much easier than Party's SNGs. Anyone else notice this?

viennagreen
01-03-2005, 02:59 AM
yes-- the players at pokerroom are very weak, but not quite as bad as at pacific... i only play there irregularly, when party/empire are resetting their servers

a good player's ROI should be much higher at those sites, but it would be tough to make as much per hour as at party/skins.

i think that paradise might be the worst place to play SNGs-- slow structure + more competent players.

mart_ph
01-03-2005, 06:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think that paradise might be the worst place to play SNGs-- slow structure + more competent players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree with this comment. The average game is under an hour for me at Paradise, and since I've started playing there I've been ITM 55% and ROI is 42% over 74 tourneys (all at $5). I know this is a small sample but over the same period I'm at about 20%ROI on Stars.
i love Paradise, apart from the fact you can't multitable the sng's. Hence why I play Stars too.

viennagreen
01-03-2005, 10:40 AM
maybe i'll have to try paradise again sometime...

also--- i remember tables taking a long time to fill there.. is that still true?

dinero2433
01-03-2005, 12:34 PM
No way - Paradise SNGs fill up in seconds in the evenings when I play.

mart_ph
01-03-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i remember tables taking a long time to fill there.. is that still true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. I play every day and at various times (based in UK) and the tables fill up normally within 1 to 2 minutes.

Absolution
01-03-2005, 02:06 PM
What about Ultimate Bet? I never hear anybody comment on that site and it seems very popular. I'm doing quite well there so far.

syka16
01-03-2005, 02:45 PM
There are a lot of fish at the 20s and 30s and almost no one knows about blind stealing. Just today I was at 5.5BB on level V and pushed 2 off the button with K9o with 2 mid stacks in the blinds - far from terrible IMO. I got called by AJs and ATs and hit trips. I had to turn chat off because they were berating me for being fishy! Then they all blinded down as I stole my way ITM. Just horrible

mrbill22
01-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I, too, have had good success at the Pokerroom $22 & $33 SnGs. I don't multi-table, am a fairly new player, still learning, but I can usually outplay the others at these levels.

Kirko Bara
01-04-2005, 09:43 AM
How do you figure you have a higher rate per hour with lower ROI? Because they take longer at PokerRoom.com (better/slower structure, i.e. less crapshoot)? If the structure is better it should lead to higher ROI and because of this compensate for the longer time it takes to play. Add to that the players are worse I think PokerRoom.com has the best value SnG right now. Pacific might be equal, but I can't stand that software (everybody's got their favourites though, I guess.. don't get me started on Primas software.. ughh..)

The Quirky Kirko

Cleveland Guy
01-04-2005, 10:41 AM
I don't play as high as you - but even the lower ones, around 10 +1 and such are very fishy. Last night I had KK (First hand), and ended up going all in on the turn with a guy holding Q5o.

The board was Q high, he must not have thought I had much to keep pushing him like I did.

wiggs73
01-04-2005, 02:47 PM
I play at Pokerroom and the lower buy-in SNGs seem very easy to me. Just getting started at the site and working on building up my bankroll, but my in-the-money finishes are well over 50% for the $6 and $11 SNGs and I finished 2nd in the only $22 that I've played.

I think the structure suites my style very well, as I consider myself tight-aggressive. With 1500 starting chips (instead of 800 like party and some others), there's plenty of time to wait for good starting hands, and when you get one and the flop hits you, this fish will pay you off /images/graemlins/cool.gif Generally, I've found that if you play TAG until there are 5 or so left (and blinds are around 75-150), and then loosen up to steal lots of blinds, you can finish in the money and win your fair share.