PDA

View Full Version : KK - could I have played this differently?

dieform
01-03-2005, 02:01 AM
0.1/0.2 (8 Handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
3 folds, <font color="red"> Hero </font> calls, CO calls, Button raises, SB raises, BB Folds, <font color="red"> Hero </font> raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

I limped in with KK since I had played by the table a long time, raised with all premium hands so far and was planning on mixing it up a bit. I wasn't too concerned with the button raising, he was a LAG. The SB however is a TAG and had only raised with premium hands sofar - I put him on AKs or JJ-AA.

Flop: (17 SB) 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero </font> bets, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

SB checks - I put him on AKs, When he calls my raise I start to suspect JJ-AA, although I think he would have bet here with AA. CO is a maniac more or less, I think he would have raised here with middle pair, straight draw or better.

Turn: (10.5 BB) 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero </font> bets, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Button might have held 66 and slowplayed the set on the flop, but he folds.

River: (13.5 BB) J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red"> Hero </font> bets, CO calls, SB calls.

SB checks - I put him on QQ-KK, he has played sets fast so far. I believe CO has no hand at all, seen him call the river with with nothing but a T high if there's a pair on the board.

Final pot: 16.5 BB

Result in white:
<font color="white"> SB holds AA, CO holds nothing </font>

I think I played this hand OK, do you see anything I could have done differently?

Shillx
01-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Nice Limp-reraise preflop. Post flop looks good.

Brad

<font color="white">Don't limp-reraise preflop, just raise </font>

milesdyson
01-03-2005, 02:07 AM
You could not limp reraise, but that's all I would change.

SB isn't a TAG - he's a tard.

imaptone
01-03-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I limped in with KK since I had played by the table a long time, raised with all premium hands so far and was planning on mixing it up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have found no need to get sneaky with the players at these limits so I would always raise. 44 out of 45 times in 10000 hands(the last time it came to me capped). So I would have probably lost 1 more SB than you did. AA isn't going anywhere so you did what you could. Nice hand.

rabman
01-03-2005, 02:26 AM
The only thing I would have done differently is raise preflop. I still don't get the LRR thing.

dieform
01-03-2005, 02:34 AM
To explain myself, TAG was the read I had on him so far, I was surprised by the way he played that hand and realised that he wasn't as good a player as I had thought.

Thanks for the advise - I think Ill stop using occasional limp ins with premium hands til I play at higher limits.