PDA

View Full Version : question about a paradise 1 on 1 player

11-14-2001, 02:09 AM
I am a long time planet player and I decided to give paradise another crack. So, while I have been waiting for tables I have been watching the 1 on 1 action a little. I know people have suggested that bobcards and last chance were some of the best, but what about this guy Piesang. He's the only guy I've gotten to watch. How would you guys rate his head up play. IMHO, he seems to have a very good understanding about the concepts pertinent to heads up play but he is ultra-aggressive and seems to play about 90% of his preflop hands. I have no doubt he wins but I can't imagine that his technique for beating average players is very orthodox. I would play him but I have a lack of trust in internet poker, especially paradise poker, so I am not willing to play him yet. Certainly, he is an entertaining player to watch.

11-14-2001, 02:32 AM
There have been other good HU players(and still are)

on paradise besides the names you routinely read about here.

From what I have heard first hand is Piesang is tough HU.

From what I have read here, he has gotten under Last Chances

skin.

>>and seems to play about 90% of his preflop hands

Didn't LC play 100%?

>>I would play him but I have a lack of trust in internet poker, especially paradise poker, so I am not willing to play him yet.

Why would you worry about cheating playing HU? Nobody can

read your cards without a trojan planted on your computer.

Also why play a known player? There are plenty more fish in

the sea.

11-14-2001, 02:37 AM
My distrust of internet poker has nothing to do with collusion. However, since that is not the point of the post, we don't need to go into the validity of internet poker. Also, I would like to play Piesang I believe it would be interesting to see how I do.

11-14-2001, 04:58 AM
i think that you should give it a crack. Us onlookers would hae a fun time

11-14-2001, 05:15 AM
It would be a heck of a battle. And we all know who wins wars.....

11-14-2001, 05:21 AM
Your reason for playing him is exactly why the top players win so much. Tiger Woods would probably have played you for a thousand or two a hole in the old days to pass time and had queues waiting.

Maybe you are the next one on the list that others will talk about, but if you want to copy their style then start by copying who they play - unknowns who seem to take pleasure saying they lost their money to the best.

11-15-2001, 05:45 AM
90% of his preflop hands

what do you think is the proper percentage of hands to play from the SB and BB HU?