PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 AA hand

na4bart
01-03-2005, 12:28 AM
The usual day shift collection of players in the Bike's 20/40 game: Couple of decent players, the rest OK to mediocre but aggressive. My current image was of someone playing a bit too many hands as I had been getting more than my share of good starting hands for the last 1/2 hour or so. Most of these hands had been standing up, but even so one player (LAG) was still chasing me a lot. I had a lot of chips in front of me when the following hand came up:

I'm in late middle position with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif EP player limps, I raise, the button (the loose aggressive from above) cold calls, SB folds and BB 3 bets. EP calls and I cap. All call, 4 to the flop. The 3 better in the BB is the only really strong player in the game. I give him the range of AA-TT and AKs, AQs. The other two are subject to have anything.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB leads into the entire field, EP folds. The pot is already big enough as far as I am concerned and with a player behind me I raise hoping to drop the button. Button cold calls and BB 3 bets. I call and button calls. I still think I'm ahead and plan on raising the turn to try and drop the button who must have some peice the flop.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, I raise and to my surprise BB reraises, BB calls, I call. I figure the button for two pair (QJ)or maybe a set of jacks and the BB for something like KK, AK,AJ of diamonds, AK hearts. I'm not too happy, but have decided to pay it off due simply to the size of the pot.

River: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif putting a three straight on board that is completed by KT which I give neither of them credit for nor do I believe for a moment that either of them give me credit for KT. BB checks and my guts scream that the LAG on the button will bet as he always bets if checked to, so I check it to him. He just shows down 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I kick myself for not betting and trying to get cute. I think this is my only mistake during the hand. Comments please.

TStoneMBD
01-03-2005, 12:37 AM
all standard except the river. didnt work out for you this time but doesnt mean its not necessarily the correct play. i would be quite surprised to see the button bet a worse hand than a set tho on this river.

na4bart
01-03-2005, 12:47 AM
I gotta agree with you concerning what hands the button would bet now that I have some distance from the hand. I really did over estimate his aggressiveness.